• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strong Potential For OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Be sure to check your load temps, using a program like prime 95. Idle temps (when your CPU is nothing nothing) army as important as load temps.

Alright so I tried to run Prime95 and sadly I failed right off. But what I'm tryin to figure out is what does the error imply?!

mkdukw.png.jpg

Gonna post my settings in a few minutes.

Can you post up your bios settings for us and a shot of cpu-z with the memory tab open?

Yes, you'll problerly find out your overclocking your memory to far. Look for something called memory ratio, likly set at auto or 1:1 at the moment. For the time being set it to unlinked, and set your ram to it's rated specs. This is on the sticker on the ram it's self.

You are running the blend stress test right? Change the test to small fft and re-run it and see if it fails. Blend tests alot of your memory and that is probably why it is failing, I think zbo hit it right on the nose.

Here's my settings:

CPU Ratio: 9.0

FSB Frequency: 425

PCIe Frequency: 100

FSB Strap To NB: 400

DRAM Frequency: 1133MHz :eek: (supposed to be @ 1066!!)

Timing: 6-6-6-18

CPU Volt: 1.3625

CPU GTL Reference (0/2): .63

CPU GTL Reference (1/3): .67

CPU PLL Volt: 1.5

FSB Termination Volt: 1.36

DRAM Volt: 2.1

NB Volt: 1.4

NB GTL Reference: .63

SB Volt: 1.2

DRAM Read Training: Disabled

AI Clock Twister: Lighter

AI Transaction Booster: Auto

PCIe Sata Volt: Auto

CPU & PCIe Speed Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Clock Skew: Auto

NB Clock Skew: Auto

CPU Margin Enhancement: Optimized

C1E: Disabled

Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled

CPU TM Fuction: Enabled

And screeny of Memory:

2u4pifq.png.jpg

Can you post up your bios settings for us and a shot of cpu-z with the memory tab open?

lol I had a feeling it was going to fall on the memory. I should be clocking the memory @ 1066 (that's what they're rated). I checked the memory and it was on 1133 :eek:

Yes, you'll problerly find out your overclocking your memory to far. Look for something called memory ratio, likly set at auto or 1:1 at the moment. For the time being set it to unlinked, and set your ram to it's rated specs. This is on the sticker on the ram it's self.

Yep... I tried to find the ratio option prior to writing these settings down but I don't think I have that as an option o_O;

You are running the blend stress test right? Change the test to small fft and re-run it and see if it fails. Blend tests alot of your memory and that is probably why it is failing.
Will try those settings once I get a little more familiar with these settings. For all I know I'm killing my RAM as we speak :eek:
I think zbo hit it right on the nose.

I concur.

That's what I wanted to do but I honestly cannot find that setting. Unless it's called something other than Ratio?

Is there any way to unlink the FSB and Memory Frequency? I think that's where part of my problem lies.

Ok I think I have it figured out. I need to lower the DRAM SPD below stock, then bump the FSB.

Is there a BIOS from a better performing motherboard's BIOS from ASUS that would be compatible with my motherboard? Or am I better off just finding any updates specifically for this motherboard?

Last edited:
Back