• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x 9800gx2 on EK Blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I was going to run 2x 9800gx2 with EK Blocks on my 780i. Just realized there is not enough room for the 2 blocks and fittings. Does anyone know of a fitting that could be used to connect the 2 cards together?

What about putting the second GX2 in the 3rd slot and then use a connecter fitting between the two?

What about putting the second GX2 in the 3rd slot and then use a connecter fitting between the two?

Yes I do not care about SLI, just need help finding the right connector.

looks good. i have a question about those fittings, how hard was it to put the middle tube in the 2 fittings. i see those and question there water tightness.

I have those Spawn, ready for install. They have a tight oring that allows you to slide the fitting up to about 1/2" to compensate for slightly diff distances. Seems to be pretty popular.

Most build up the two cards, put the connector in and put both cards in the PC at the same time.

Hopefully I'll let you know in 3-5 days how it went for me when I start my build.

ya figured it went that way, was just wondering how tight the fitting is between the seal and tube in between. is there 2 orings? i seem to recall seeing 2.

Gosh, I duuno, let me look at my connectors. Two orings, verified. Three diff lenghts of pipe, two G1/4 barb, nice captured o-ring. Gonna put my WC GPU in first on boot, then add the second GPU WC later.

o dam, i didn't even see that *presents AlucardCasull with giant cookie*

nice catch.

hardass, what are your load temps now? if and when you change the fittings can you tell us load temps after?

shouldn't the center tube be offset from the first inlet and last outlet?

Not sure what you are talking about here. If you see 2 inlets on my block, it is the pic. My blocks have in on one side out on the other.

o dam, i didn't even see that *presents AlucardCasull with giant cookie*

nice catch.

hardass, what are your load temps now? if and when you change the fittings can you tell us load temps after?

Running 4x gpu clients, Temps running 38c=Ambient 20c.:)

Ahh NM, your right, your card only has those holes. It's made that way for SLI, your right, sorry, we just tryin to help.

And he still deserves a cookie for a just in case catch. I have seen it done wrong on cards with diff flow patterns.

Last edited:
Yea, the GPU is double, one on each card facing in. And the flow path for those cards are diff than many others. Took me a bit of looking at the card and a build log or two to see the way the waterblocks work.

Still get a cookie for the effort.

Back