• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV Tuner Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Need some help here......
I want to add a TV tuner card to my setup. I would like to watch live tv while I'm in my PC Cave. I've got dual 22" wide screen monitors so I would like to be surfing on one and watch some tv on the other. I've been doing some research this morning on the cards and This One seems to be a good buy. I have zero experience with this stuff so any input would be appreciated. I need the interface to either be PCI Express X1 or PCI, this is going in the setup in my sig.

Now, will I need to run a different OS like Windows Media Center to take full advantage of something like this? Right now I'm dual booting XP Pro and Windows 7. I'd like to keep my XP partition and If I had to I could reinstall over the W7 partition. I remember reading something about Media Portal, is this software I can install on XP or is something that runs on Media Center OS? Thanks for any insight. :beer:

I really apologize for thread jack , But am currently also looking for a good tv tuner card , i do not have a TV only a PC due to limited space issues , i heard their has also been problems with 64 bit vista which i have .

What i would want from the card is being able to get highest resolution possible , being able to hook it up to cable , but also just with a basic antenna , being able to record TV but not necessarily when am watching something , my pcie 1x is blocked by my Video card however

I really tried reading through the specs of tuner cards and what i would need but i get lost every time , and i dont want to just go for it as it will be my only tv source and i want it done right and not just something i have in my PC but never get to use

am willing to spend 200 $ + - to being able to watch high quality TV on my PC , whatever that includes the card and maybe anything else i will need

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the reply ryfox0276! :beer:

You're not going to get too much help around here with your question CharlieCS. I would suggest a dual tuner card, they make them with a PCI interface if you can't access your PCIE slot. I ended up buying THIS Card on sale for $49.99 and it's great! I found a lot of great info at the AVS forum, much more suited for your question. You'll find everything you need over there. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

You're not going to get too much help around here with your question CharlieCS. I would suggest a dual tuner card, they make them with a PCI interface if you can't access your PCIE slot. I ended up buying THIS Card on sale for $49.99 and it's great! I found a lot of great info at the AVS forum, much more suited for your question. You'll find everything you need over there. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

LOL yea I gotta old pci single that works good but I agree a double HD-capable pcie-1x would be an ausome improvement!

thanks i will definitely check it out , i get this is not most active section of the forum :)

Back