• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any 775 to 1366 adapters for heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

Any 775 to 1366 adapters for heatsinks? I want an IFX-10 for extra cpu cooling but the bracket is only am2/775 and u have to use its bracket cause its different than a regular 1366 or 775 bolt-thru kit. It has a slot to set the cooler in its bracket. So I was thinking, is there an adapter to use 775 heatsinks on 1366 platforms?

There are adapters but they aren't universal for every HS, a few, like Zalman and Thermalright, have them available.

I don't think that IFX-10 will work with X58 / i7 motherboards, as every single one of them seem to have a backplate already. I can't really imagine how you'd get it to work effectively.

There are some motherboards out there with LGA775 mounting holes, such as the Foxconn Bloodrage. You could give it a try with one of those.

I'm still of the opinion that the way the new motherboards are being made, the IFX-10 won't work, and might even mess up your board. See the attached image to see what I'm talking about.

I think you'd be better off getting a good cooler for the other side: TRUE, water cooled, or what have you.

Image of an Asus board w/ the backplate I'm talking about:

Attachments

• i7back.jpg
    i7back.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 764
Back