• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bleh stupid laptop rubber feet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shakka

Anyone else have this happen to them, where the little rubber feet on the button of your laptop falls off? I want to take the other one off, but then it will slide around on a table and that's no good. What is the best and most permanent way to stick it back on (i was thinking super glue)?

Yeah, I've had the same issues with my laptop. It really annoyed me, I've sadly lost most of mine now. Since the majority of the time I was losing them was when I was traveling, when I'm home it pretty much remains stationary. Of course, I also have one of those cooling pads for it, and that has lost rubber feet too. =/

I haven't actually looked into replacing them, because at this point I'm about ready to trash my "gaming" laptop. Which is probably worth about $50, compared to the $1200 I paid for it a year and a half ago. But, I would say super glue, maybe try a hot glue gun if you have one?

double sided tape or if its not some sort of off brand thing mabe order new ones from the manufacturer

when i say double sided tape i mean that, i have done it in the past because super glue just makes the rubber hard and its not all that super. with double sided tape, and i am talking about the scotch tape kind thats really thin, if they come off yopu can stick em on again but it took more to rip double sided tape ones off than super glued ones

Anyone else have this happen to them, where the little rubber feet on the button of your laptop falls off? I want to take the other one off, but then it will slide around on a table and that's no good. What is the best and most permanent way to stick it back on (i was thinking super glue)?

When one of my laptop feet fell off i replaced it with a self adhesive bumper. i found a company online called eazi-stops and they sell little bumpers or rubber feet that fit on the bottom of your laptop. have a look here and see if it helps! http://www.eazi-stops.com

When my X's feet fell off of her HP, I used a q-tip and some acetone to clean off the remains of the double sided adhesive they used, then used the super glue to stick them back on. It makes a big difference!

Nail polish remover does the same job, but not the non-acetone type. Goo Gone leaves a film that seams to keep the glue from sticking well...

I have a Toshiba with the same problem. Tried the super glue but it didn't stick.

Going to try what Diggrr suggested and see how it works.

Back