• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brand of case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibz117

i just recently got a new gaming comp with custom case. its missing a cover piece and i want to get a new one, how do i find my brand of case.

With that little bit of info you gave us, I would try to go to where the case was built and look on their website for more info. Or, google the name of the company it was bought from and look through the images for that company till you find it.

Where did you get it from?

best bet if to toss a pic of it up, more then likely someone can identify it :)

Or do that lol, I feel a little less smart for my mind not going there.

ill post pics of it later today. i got it from a guy of craigslist. so i cant check a store.

101_1337.jpg

101_1338.jpg

101_1339.jpg

"This Image or Video has been moved or deleted" >.< just click on "post reply" (or in quick reply hit Go Advanced) and use the attachment feature :p, or use imageshack <.<

*:D 2 star's 50th post yay*

Well that model case has appeared under many different guises which should help you find a replacement.

For one these were released as Chieftec Dragon cases (I believe the Chieftec is the original OEM):
http://www.chieftecusa.com/dragon.htm

At some point these cases have been sold by Antec (SX1000), Thermaltake, and Alienware among others.

thanks for the replies. im guessing its the antec case. i found the chieftec case before your posts, but they have a tower that looks just like it but its only a mid tower. antec sx 1000 is exact with the bays and internal parts. yay. now then, can i get the front cover replaced???

it could also be an apevia MX-Pider. anyone know where i can get a front cover and some keys. for cheap

The Chieftec and Antec are the same case. The "Midtower" is the one with 4 5.25" bays, the "Fulltower" is a ridiculous monstrosity with 6 drive bays (http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/dragon/blackdragon_2.htm).

All these cases (including the MX-Pider) look the same because they are essentially the same case manufactured in the same factory. The problem is that this case is ancient (I've had my Chieftec for 7 years) and the version with 80mm fans has been discontinued for quite some time as far as I can tell. Apevia still sells a version of the XPider with 120MM fans, and the front cover should fit. Your best bet is to contact Apevia and see if they sell replacement parts.

Another option is to post in the classifieds section once you have enough posts to see if anyone wants to spare their cover. The keys should be available at a hardware store, its a standard one notch circular key (like the one on big freezers).

Back