• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for cecent motherboard with four pci-e slots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

looking for decent motherboard with four pci-e slots

im looking to find a decent mobo with room for four videocards, so i can easily hook up an array of 6 monitors, then expand to 8. does anyone have any recommendation? i know they exist, i just dont know where to find them...

planning on going with three gtx 285's for now, then adding a 4th later on

thanks!

Last edited:
out of curiosity.. why do you need 6-8 monitors? i'm using 2 with a laptop every now and then and it's plenty..

why a GTX285?

if you went with single slots and asus got the bios worked out you could have 12 screens
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131358
or get it cheaper if you get the open box.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131358R
ive actually been looking at that board very seriously

but how do you have 6 gpus? i thought that windows only supported 4 or something?

and as for the 285s, i want to have pretty decent cards to help play 5 instances of WoW :eek:

out of curiosity.. why do you need 6-8 monitors? i'm using 2 with a laptop every now and then and it's plenty..
im always doing lots of different stuff... its just so much more efficient with each additional screen :eek:

ive actually been looking at that board very seriously

but how do you have 6 gpus? i thought that windows only supported 4 or something?

and as for the 285s, i want to have pretty decent cards to help play 5 instances of WoW :eek:

well NV drivers support 8 gpus in windows or was it just six.. i lost track.... well buddy let me tell you, you dont need GTX285 for wow.....

im always doing lots of different stuff... its just so much more efficient with each additional screen :eek:

yeah efficiency increases but 6-8 screens? aside the cool factor to have a system like the one seen in swordfish i really can't see myself working with so many..

im gonna bump this...

i think im doing three 285 gtx cards... but i dont know what i should do for the other two monitors... maybe just have a separate computer for them

For what game?
For what programs?
For what use other then "hai guiz luk at mi"

Im running a 9800gtx+ at stock speed and not having any issues with WoW, War, EvE, or anything else that I have tried currently (not a FPS guy) on a 20.1 Benq and a 42" Sharp LCD.
multitasking/media/work/lots of pdfs open/etc

but i will be wanting to 5box WoW too :eek:

nah, ive used quad before

but im really not talking about sli, im just talking about utilizing separate gpus for separate monitors

Back