• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enzotech on Asus P45 Northbridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froggy

I wanted to improve the cooling on my northbridge and I like Enzotech products. However they are not factory compatible on the P45 chipset spacing. So I used my grinder with a thin kerf cutting disk to notch the CNB-S1 so that I could use on my mobo like this:
View attachment 72785

Here is a shot with the 4-40 screws prepped for install and tim applied. You can't use nuts to hold the bolts to the mobo due the low height of the mounting tabs. I had to place a folded napkin underneath the mobo to hold the screws up until they were tight enough to pick up the mobo and crank down on them.

View attachment 72786

Lastly a overall shot showing all the mobo cooling.

View attachment 72787

Last edited:
I did almost the same thing on a P5Q SE. I used the round Enzotech northbridge heatsink (don't remember the part number), which comes with a mounting adapter that has holes which match the mobo exactly. It also came with a 40mm fan mount, so I attached an ultra quiet 40x40x10 Scythe "mini-Kaze" or something like that. I moved the stock northbridge heatsink to the southbridge, replacing the little piece of aluminum that covered it.

I bought a couple of those square Enzotech heatsinks wanting to do what you did, but when I couldn't get the pushpins to fit, went to Plan B above.

You would have been better off with the SLF version as it has active cooling on it. It's gonna need a fan to cool it optimally.

Axis

I have a Sunon 40x20 fan, the same as Swiftech uses for their MCX-159 NB cooler. This model has taller fins for better cooling capacity.

Linky

More Enzotech goodness. I only have a 4.5Ghz Dual core, but my mosfets are not even hot, merely warm without active cooling!

Back