• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM V8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farkie87

Registered
I have a CM Sniper case and using the CM V8 as a cpu cooler on the i7 940. I tend to idle around 40-45sh. Under load I have gotten up to 57degrees isn't that a little hot?

no that isnt hot staying under 60c is nice for i7. im on a ninja hs hitting 70 mostly but 75 for short times. some on intel stock hit 80c, i7 runs much hotter then core 2 so we have to put up with higher load temps. the new D0 stepping runs much cooler the c0/c1 so...

Oh I see. With my temps is it safe to over clock? I don't know much about it so before I do I would do my research. Curious on what kind of numbers I can hit with my cooling setup.

dont know really all you can do is try... for 24/7 aim for keeping your load temps at 70c or lower. if you want to push it a bit more stick to 80c and lower... 70c and lower is my personal preference.

The cooler itself is actually up towards the top of the i7 cooling list. Truth is, unless you are folding 24/7 or encoding all the video on your hard drive all the time, you are probably never gonna 24/7 100% load your machine. With temps at or around 75-80c will be good for the i7. Mine runs at 77c give or take a degree or two at a small fft prime95 load. Good enough i'd say. Now crank it up to 11 and post us some screenies!!!

im not sure.. my buddy jared runs a brick and mortar here, and built an i7 940 rig for a customer. anyways, the cooler the cust. wanted was the coolermaster v10. he did the run in on it, and he said that cooler sucked donkey **lls. so if the v10 is supposed to b e better then the v8, then i wouldnt do it.

Back