• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend A Retention based 939 heatsink!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

Need a screwdown based (mounts directly to the backplate) heatsink to replace my broken cnps9500 that I had mounted on a beheaded 3800X2. Any ideas? Cheap is good. Helf if somebody can point me to a zalman CNPS heatsink that mounts to the backplate... that doesn't cost a fortune I'd probably get that.

Last edited:
That's what I have on my 939 back-up rig. Pretty decent cooler imho.

And it screws directly to the back plate? I need something that mounts directly to the back plate behind the motherboard... with screws.

And no, not classifieds. I want to buy new.

I think I'm going to go with the CNPS7700-alcu. Not too terribly heavy, with most of the weight closer to the board. Shoudln't bow my board like the noctua did. Also should give decent temps on a well ventilated antec 300 (will be using antec 900 stock fans).

No, the AC freezer pro-64 goes clipped on to the original plastic mounting that's on the board.

Glad you when with the Zalman as that one does use the 2 screws and the backplate to mount into.

Back