• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS9700 to? Ultra 120 Extreme? Or?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BG-0

That exchange worth it? Can't find any direct comparisons in temperatures. Going to use either for OCing a Phenom II x3 720 BE or 710. Nothing too extreme, 3.6-4 GHz maybe, aiming to stay at 1.4-1.5 V. If I were to get the Thermalright, would two 58 CFM 120mm fans as push/pull suffice? Or even just one? Aand, yet another question, is it possible to mod the two fans to use the same 4-pin connector, so that PWM affects both? Thanks for any answers. :soda:
Other suggestions for coolers also welcome.

Other thing I had my eye on was Arctic Cooling Freezer Extreme, looks pretty nice. Fitting may be an issue, and the looks may not tell the whole truth, so I'm a bit wary. Price would be nice to my skinny wallet tho.

Last edited:
Personally i would exchange the Zalman which i am also currently using to the 120 as why not? the 120 gets better temps and you can add 2 fans to it for the push and pull effect that is unachievable on the zalman.

Any thoughts on the 58 CFM (Xilence RedWing PWM 120mm) fans? I just happen to have two at hand, so using them would be quite affordable. And the PWM "mod"? Is it just plugging both fans' wires into the same connector? Or will that break something?

I have a couple fans and it is easy. On a three pin, middle is + and one of the outsides is ground so just find out which and pop them on. You just have to make sure it isn't too much draw through a single fan plug.

Here are the specs of the fan:
Technical Data:
Fan Color: Black, red
Dimensions: 120x120x25 mm
Fan Speed: 1.500 RPM +/- 10% (max)
Max. Air Flow: 57,91 CFM
Bearing Type: Hydro Bearing
Noise Level: 21,2 dB
Power Input: 1,08 W
Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
Operating Voltage: 10,8~13,2 VDC
Starting Voltage: 7 VDC
Rated Current: 0,09 A ±10%
Weight: 175 g
Connector: Small 4pin
Lead ´Wire: ~350 mm
Approvals: CE
Would two of them draw too much? Also, still curious if the PWM will function properly with two fans? I assume it would, as the voltage varies depending on the temp only..

Here are the specs of the fan:
Would two of them draw too much? Also, still curious if the PWM will function properly with two fans? I assume it would, as the voltage varies depending on the temp only..

Im on the 110 now zalman 9700...Its O . K It really has a hard time transfering heat on my quad... I mean I load in the 60s high 50s but I do have a 40% Oc,,,go for 3.3 On your quad..if u want to go higher you need a true

I'm sure it can handle them I was just meaning that like don't run 5 fans off one header. I have mine running a little 40mm and a 120mm intake fine.

Back