• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

955 on Zipzoomfly!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh man I want that! I wonder how long it will be until its abilable in Ireland or the UK, and how it will overclock.

the 955 is am3 although their current title of the proc doesn't reflect that (although in the specs it does say am3). Someone mistyped or doesn't know their products.

If the 955 performs as good as cdwall says, I am kinda into those. He was getting 3.9ghz stalbe on 1.30 volts even... :drool:.

1.35-1.4v stable

1.3v to post and do SS

That is still .1- 1.5 volts better than the 940 even on the same stepping! So I think that alone justifies buying one. Getting 4ghz+ on 24/7 volts is something only intel's can do. So getting a nice Amd chip to do that would be great.

Where??? I've kept my eyes open for 940 discounts but nothing as yet - except that price drop. :(

Or were you talking about ZipZoomFly instead of Newegg? I see ZZF has lowered their price to $169 ... :drool:

Are the x3's dropping? Because that would be nice. My god! 720's are $135 shipped! Is that better than before because I seriously have no recollection of prices...

Newegg has the 940 for $170 as well, there is a discount code that can be used. AMD41420
Too late - I just ordered the 940 from ZZF.

I also bought an ASUS 8400GS for next to nothing, also with free shipping - that's what finally made the deal. I've been wanting to play with the SETI CUDA apps but really don't have the money for a new vid card. $23 was cheap enough to live with ... :)

Haha, well hopefully they drop a tad more ;-). Seeing Amd drop it's prices would just **** off intel as Amd's chips are really catching up performance wise if you ask me.

Back