• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman LQ1000 - Pump Issue - Need Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HotRod19579

I own the Zalman Lq1000 case and have been having issues with the front panel alarm (water flow) alarm. I am of the belief that I need to replace the pump but have several questions.

I want to make sure that I can continue to use the front panel guages, Fan Speed, Temperatures, Flow Rate. The back of the panel has three 3-pin connectors but it is unclear what each of the connectors are for. I know that they correspond to the guages but I don't know the order of the connectors (which for which guage).

Does anyone know if the flow indicator on the front of the machine actually shows the water flow or is it just showing the RPMs being reported by the pump? If I connect a new pump do I need to recalibrate and how?

I want to replace the pump with a variable speed pump which will allow me to use the dial on the front panel. Can someone recommend a good quit pump? I have been looking at the Danger Den DD-CPX Pro. It has the 3-pin connector.

Do I even need to worry about a variable speed pump? I want a silent system and it is my impression that I don't want the pump running full speed all the time and I need the variable speed.

Recommendations and wiring diagram of the front panel guages would be welcome.

Back