• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Shooter, Something completely new.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

Last year there were several attempts to break the get the cooling crown from the heatpipe towers.
OCZ and their nanotube cooler which never made it to more than a demo item, then the cooler with electromagnetic pump replaced the heatpipes which was costs like a watercooler and peforms almost as good as a true with while the pump consume like 20W.

Now here comes another new idea, with the possibly worst name for a cooler ever. T shooter(Japanese only) Video.

sss01_240x.jpg

ryusekisen.jpg

t-shooter2.jpg

While I like the idea that it would draw air from the mobo that way providing cooling for mobo components I would be surprised if it were competitive, maybe with built in heatpipes the heat transfer could get better but the surface are would still be too small.

No reviews yet. Will be out by the end of the month. Expected MSRP is 70$.

i have a feeling that it isnt going to work well... air cooling AND water cooling are based on surface area and the efficiency to transfer heat.... and that has VERY little surface area compared to say a TRUE.

I've a little 60 MM fan I stuck in here wire tied to my OCZ ram heatsinks and my CPU fan angled at my north bridge and has been working very well.

Actually have been planning on trying something like. Make a tapered front enclosure for the litle bugger going into one smaller maybe 1.5 or so inch diameter plexi glass pipe from a distance at an angle, blowing straight on the NB and permanently mounting it there, it has been doing so well.

Not exactly the same idea, but similar I guess :)

Maybe won't work as well then, it seems to work well as is. Cools the RAM some too the way it is, but I had been thinking of trying it out at any rate, not like I'm pushing my RAM a lot.

Last edited:
Back