• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my rig cooled by xigmatek dk pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well from the zalman 9500at i had on it,

zalman idle 3.6=45 load 70+
xigmatek @4.0ghz idle 38 load 63 running prime95 and orthos. and these temps will get better when i put noctua 120mm's in front and rear of my case.

Very nice. If you could get those cables a little out of the way, that will drop temps abit also.

Bittbull187, you have the same overclock I have on my rig. I was thinking of moving to the Dark Knight S1283V 120mm too, but I see you're idle\max temps aren't that different than what I get (42°C idle - 61°C max) with my current XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm running both OCCT and Orthos as well. What thermal paste did you use in your setup, I used Artic Cooling MX-2. Well still will think about moving to a Dark Knight, decisions decisions...

dja2k

Last edited:
i just got my dk and when i peeled the sticker off the bottom of the heatsink .. its all sticky .. what do i use to get it off ?

:bang head
Bittbull187, you have the same overclock I have on my rig. I was thinking of moving to the Dark Knight S1283V 120mm too, but I see you're idle\max temps aren't that different than what I get (42°C idle - 61°C max) with my current XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm running both OCCT and Orthos as well. What thermal paste did you use in your setup, I used Artic Cooling MX-2. Well still will think about moving to a Dark Knight, decisions decisions...

dja2k

hey i used antec formula 5, and be weary of the sticky stuff on bottom it fubared my temps, took accetone and alcohol to soften it up then alot of scrapping.....:bang head, since then i have dropped scythe flex's in the fron and rear and got beter temps. will post soon

I am still looking into upgrading to the Dark Knight sometime soon and that would help for future expansions to an i7. I already have a back plate from the other Xigmatek heatsink I have on right now and wondering if that new screw-in kit can fit into the plate I already have in place... anyone know? The plates should be the same I think, its just the brackets that are differently angled for 3 to 4 heatpipes I suppose.

dja2k

Last edited:
Back