• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connectivity Issues F@h

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

risingsun

Hello everyone, pulled out all my old pc's and decided to join team 32! Only problem is my connectivity is failing to work. F@H will not connect, and I've tried putting my computer in the DMZ and forwarding 80/8080 and no luck. Strangly enough I used the connection test thread above and I passed all of them.

Any thoughts?

Also, when using multiple computers, is there a way to get somthing like a render farm running? I saw the term farm used in one of the stickies, but I might have mis-interpreted.

which client and hows it connected ? regular net gets to it right ?

depends what you mean, local net clustering wont work afaik because the clients are already part of a much, much larger cluster :)

Code:
# Windows CPU Systray Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.23

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: C:\Users\Smitty\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-x86

[20:18:25] - Ask before connecting: No
[20:18:25] - User name: Risingsun247 (Team 32)
[20:18:25] - User ID: 74DBEB9006D07817
[20:18:25] - Machine ID: 1
[20:18:25] 
[20:18:25] Loaded queue successfully.
[20:18:26] Initialization complete
[20:18:26] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[20:18:26] + Attempting to get work packet
[20:18:26] - Connecting to assignment server
[20:18:26] - Successful: assigned to (171.67.108.12).
[20:18:26] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[20:18:26] Loaded queue successfully.
[20:18:27] + Could not connect to Work Server
[20:18:27] - Attempt #1  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

The classic (cpu) client work servers are low on work and the Assignment server has been having trouble today. I'm having the same issues. Try changing your config to accept advanced methods WUs. You should pull an amber (PMD) core WU immediately.

is that the allow files larger than 10mb, bc ive already checked that

nope, this one you do from the shortcut properties, its pretty good actually, it'll get you more advanced WUs and earn more points :)

ok here is what you do, you will need a new shortcut for FAH, you need to go to My computer, browse for Program files, then Folding at home, then Folding at home x86, right click on the file "folding@home" and select send to>desktop(create shortcut), next you go to the newly created shortcut on the desktop, right click, select properties, there you will see "target is c\program files\folding@home\folding@homex86\[email protected]" just add this after that line -advmethods should be after the quotes, dont change anything
now restart the client and you should get nice new WUs

D

You can select advanced methods from the advanced options of -config. ZL1's method will work, but the option is built into the configuration applet.

Back