• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XIGMATEK HDT-RS1283

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think to the top actually , i haven't thought about it until u mentioned it but yeah , this should theoretically distribute the heat more evenly between fin area as liquid in both sides will be effected by gravity equally

Just am not sure how much it would affect performance , but then again XIGMATEK has really became popular with AMD users because of great performance (and cheap price of course lol), and blowing to the top is the only way u can set up a XIGMATEK on AMD platform due to socket config , could this be the cause lol ,doubtfully but still interesting, i would have actually done a comparison if i had an intel platform couse i happen to have a brand new Xig ( which i got for free ) .

Last edited:
Never thought about that. Very interesting. Not only would the fan blow up, which would generally help temps, but as you said, the fluid would be more equally distributed between both halvs of the heatpipe.

I actually have an intel rig, but was just pondering the effects of gravity. I currently have a Zalman 9700 but am moving to the exposed heat pipes like everyone else.

Back