• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Case Reborn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

I have an early Gateway full tower case I will be painting as a show of skills for my new job as a custom painter. The mods aren't major, just opened fan holes from 80mm to 92mm. I cut a large opening in the floor in which I will sandwich lighting in between a clear and frosted sheet of lexan. The clear side down to give that external light view like on import cars and the frosted to cut the glare from the lights. The frosted is that overhead light stuff they use with big store lights.
Color wise it will either be red candy over orange or rootbeer candy over purple. Yes pics will be posted after its done. Yes both interior and exterior will be painted. I'm sure there will be some pearls and metal flake on it too.

Update: The case is painted, it has a red base mixed with ultra silver flake covered with pagan gold candy mixed with larger silver flake and a pinch of violet pearl. It really sparkles in the sunshine. But it looks more like a tomato then the orange I wanted. So...I will be shooting rootbeer candy over the gold to go more like burnt tangerine. I will post pics shortly of the pieces and of the case with red lights between the two layers of glass.

SOunds pretty nice. Hope you took some before, during, and after pics. Pretty intense with two different flakes, pearl, and multiple candy colors.

This thread is useless without pictures....lol jk...but really...pics please. ROFL, looking forward to seeing it.

This thread is useless without pictures....lol jk...but really...pics please. ROFL, looking forward to seeing it.

Its not done he said, stop flaming.

On the other hand, we are all eager to see the finish product =]

I'm not flaming, or at least I had no intention of sounding like that. I'm just eagerly awaiting pictures of this, it sounds really cool :D

Back