• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push pull with TRUE in Antec 300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

My Antec 300 case came yesterday. I haven't had a chance to swap things over from my old case but just doing some eyeballing and preliminary measurements it looks like I might not be able to use a push-pull fan setup with my TRUE without removing the 140mm fan in the top of the case. The heat sink is going to be mighty close to the top of the case. Anybody have any experience with this combo?

It depends on the placement of the CPU socket on the board. In my server (M2N32-SLi), I can fit it either way with 38mm thick fans.

My Antec 300 case came yesterday. I haven't had a chance to swap things over from my old case but just doing some eyeballing and preliminary measurements it looks like I might not be able to use a push-pull fan setup with my TRUE without removing the 140mm fan in the top of the case. The heat sink is going to be mighty close to the top of the case. Anybody have any experience with this combo?

It's tight but it fits (but like Thideras said, the placement of the CPU socket is a factor. I have an Asus P5Q something or other.

I have a 300 and played around with a true copper and it fit, but I only evaluated the Thermie True, once I was done I put back the Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme. (Which is another large heatsink w/integrated internal fan. (its slightly wider than the True with a 25mm or 38mm thick fan on the True) But both will fit. Just the AC Xtreme is a better fit, that's why I left it in there, and it performs well.

PS, If you want a magnet for your new 300 to block the side 120mm fan hole, let me know. Been giving them away to Antec 300 owners that want to seal off the side 120mm hole. I've never liked doors with fans in them, it's a pain in the *** to have a fan in the door when servicing the puter and the wires have to be discoonected from the door, It's also a bit useless since the Three Hundred has excellent front air intake. I tried using the side 120mm fan on the door and didn't see a difference. ~So the hole had to go~ These magnet sheets are tailor made for this :screwy: :beer:

If you want one let me know, it's on the house. Just shoot me a PM

As it turns out after installing all the stuff in the new case there is about 1/2 in. clearance between the top case fan and the 32mm thick cpu cooler pull fan.

I didn't realize it until the case arrived but the Antec 300 advertising on the box says it is a "mini tower". I thought it was listed as mid tower on EGG.

^^ the 900 is the mid and the 1200 is the full. That leaves 300 to be mine I guess. Never heard of mini before.

Edit: Lets see some pics!

Back