• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTH cant i OC at all now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Stupid board or cpu.I cant figure out this setup.I had it running 3.2ghz for a day or so.Then i tried higher and it wouldnt boot.Now all i cant get it to is 2800mhz .But thats with turbo enabled.Now i cant even find BCLK /fsb in my bios.It was there when i OCed to 3.2 but now i cant find it.WTF.Why is this such a PITA compared to the Core 2?HELP.Im not looking for 4ghz.Im only looking to get to around 3.6ghz

Last edited:
"Now i cant even find BLK/fsb in my bios.It was there when i OCed to 3.2 but now i cant find it."

Did you reset the BIOS by pulling the battery and all the regular stuff?

If BIOS features are missing. One of two things comes to mind.
*Corruption of the BIOS.
*Hardware failure/something burnt out.

I fried an onboard LAN on my old 754 board. It did not show in BIOS at all. It used to before it fried. I never knew if a part built into the board fried. It simply removed the feature in BIOS, like it did not exist.. Even after reflashing the BIOS to an upgraded version.

gigabit, you know with new gear comes new grief, UNFORTUNATELY!!

Anyway, I'd do what some of the others said. Reset CMOS, pull out the battery for at least 10min. Unplug atx power.

Then try to fire it up... if it works, go for a bios flash of an official bios (if an update exists).

Last edited:
Well if i reset the cmos it appears.But as soon as i mess with eist or turbo setting the blk disappears..lol
I should of just got a 24 inch LCD and another other GTX 285 and kept the Q9650

i try to stay away from msi for a reason, try flashing to a diff bios dude.

Don't say that. Just got my fresh MSI 4890 and installed it yesterday. :)

But as for their boards... yes, I've have many problems, but then again although it was a headache my old s939 MSI Neo2 was pretty fun... just froze up randomly during 3D games (weird).

I did have another MSI board that had the weirdest problem I had EVER seen!!!
It was a 939 board with a 9800 pro AGP. When on win xp desktop, after just a few minutes, the mouse would "hit a vertical wall". Basically, the mouse pointer would get stuck and only move up or down... if I moved it left and right, it would only move vertical a tiny bit (the amount my hand would move it while trying to move left and right). I thought there was a ghost in the machine. :p

gigabit, what is BLK? is it a menu in the BIOS or something?

If you can't get it to work correctly, have you thought about an RMA? These high-end board are meant for OCing... in my opinion if it can't do what it's meant to do and can ONLY RUN STOCK, I'd still RMA it.

One thing is buying a video card that can barely OC... but a board that can't function due to a mild OC... it could possibly be a bad board.

Unless... you corrupted the BIOS, but you can't come to a conclusion without trying to re-flash the BIOS with a newer one or even the same one... if there's no newer ones, I'd still try to flash the same one back... if it's corrupted and somewhat functional, that should fix it.

Well i figured it out..lolStay away from MSI..lol
Its not that bad a board once you figure out the little quirks

g0dM@n i meant to say BLCK which is the FSB basically

Last edited:
What was wrong with it? I feel like I was left hanging.:) Good to hear you got it sorted out. Now make that sucker cry for giving you grief.

It was QPI voltages basically and i needed to set the rams timings manually.That was about it.Its not stable but atleast i now have a base point to tweak from.Im sure i can hit 4.0ghz now but i doubt it will be stable.But again ill be happy with 3.6ghz stable

Well i have it running 3.4ghz and its under volted minus 0.040v so it running at 1.264v.This thing runs default at 1.304v with speedstep etc disabled.Now i need to get the QPI voltage down and Ram voltage down also_Oh and im OCing from bios im just using the MSI program so i can see what my voltages really are since this bios just has + or - 0.01 to 1.220 or something

Last edited:
Back