• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Stick On Network PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawy14

Hello All

I need to find a program which I can run which will let me know all the computers which have a memory stick plugged in?

Is this possible.

Many Thanks

Richard

are you on a domain? and have admin rights to the computer among firewall turned off?

the easiest way to check is to connect to their computer via computer management and look at the disk service. you should be able to see a "removable disk" if they currently have one pluged in.

i dont know if there is one is capable with batch network, you may be able to do something with belarc advisor but you need to pay for it do install over multiple machines iirc, you can generate a HTML report and perhaps schedule it and send it somewhere.

If Windows, it's actually fairly easy.

Grab PowerShell and query the system's WMI. Here's a little something that will grab the description and device ID of all USB devices on your local system.

Code:
gwmi Win32_USBControllerDevice |%{[wmi]($_.Dependent)} | Sort Description,DeviceID | ft Description,DeviceID -auto

So you want to grab remote systems? No problem. Modify the above with this simple addition (-computername remotesystemname):

Code:
gwmi Win32_USBControllerDevice -computername [i]remotesystemname[/i] |%{[wmi]($_.Dependent)} | Sort Description,DeviceID | ft Description,DeviceID -auto

Back