• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speedfan fan speed controller not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twinbee

I used to be able to control the speed of the the CPU fan with my old quadcore ASROCK motherboard with the program Speedfan (v4.37).

However, since purchasing the ASUS P5QL PRO motherboard, it doesn't work now. What are the most likely ways to get it to work?

I have a Intel Q6600 quadcore with 4GB of memory and am running WinXP Home edition.

Try changing the settings in the BIOS for fan control. I could use speedfan after I changed the settings to MANUAL control on my board. But I wish there was a better software to do it. NVControl panel works great for me so far surprisingly.

Thanks for that quick reply. I've looked everywhere in the BIOS, and I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for (no mention of manual/auto under the CPU options). Here are the options I can select (* means what I have currently selected):

------CPU fan speed
Ignored *
1795 rpm

------CPU Qfan control
Enabled *
Disabled

------CPU fan profile
Standard
Silent *
Turbo

-------Chassis fan speed
N/A *
Ignored

-------Power fan speed
N/A *
Ignored

==============================

Are those similar to what you have selected?

I have also tried quitting the EPU-4 Engine that ASUS has supplied to no avail.

Okay, I'll give $15 (if you have Paypal) to the one who can solve this for me. The noise of the fan is driving me insane.

I can solve it for you but keep your money to drink a beer something because it's not fixable right now. :(
Readme.
P5Q-E owner I can confirm that I can change fan speeds (together tough) for case fans but not for CPU PWM fan.
But for me ASUS QFan BIOS Silent setting works like a charm so I ditch Speedfan. 430 RPM in idle/medium load and 600 RPM under prime95. Ninja rev.B + TR Bolt-Thru kit and Scythe KAMA PWM fan.

Great to see in that thread that I'm not the only one having this prob. I take it there's no solution as yet?

I've tried the silent setting in the BIOS, and it doesn't really help... (I reckon it's about 2000rpm for the fan atm - probably cos of the hot summer)

Back