• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting Corsair TX750w in Antec 900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArcturusVi

Is it possible to safely mount the PSU with the fan down? Or would I have to find a way to let more ventilation in.

I ask cause when mounted upside down, the cables are nowhere near the back panel and it makes a pretty good rat's nest quickly. Thanks for any help.

Only way without modding the case is to mount it upside down. I feel your pain on this one. It was the entire reason I spent the extra money on a modular PSU. You can cut a 120mm (or 140mm maybe for that PSU) hole in the bottom of the case, and put some risers under the feet.

I wasn't against cutting, since I already painted and cut the mobo panel and plan on attempting the reverse HDD mod. Just seeing if it was advisable to do the other way. I didn't think it would be, but I'm not sure of the heat PSUs make as mine never feels hot. Thanks.

I like modular, and think it would be easier for the 900 overall, I just don't the look of all the plugs on the PSU just there, not easily hidden.

I totally understand :D
I am going through everything to sleeve my entire PSU (murder mod style :D)

I just installed mine upside down, I used to have a Tagan ITZ 1100w psu and that thing had wires out the wazoo... 100% rats nest. Drove me nuts...

you should have just bought the antec 902 from microcenter, only for 119.99 + tax
the antec 902 provide a "rat nest solution", sorta

and i don't like modular, because the there's more resistance, thus a modular psu usually live shorter than a non modular
img3244.gif

What solution are you speaking of? Looks to me like it didn't solve anything as they all look jumbled at the bottom.

you should really resize your pics before you post >.<

and that looks identical to the original 900 setup to me. It only looks better because of the black interior.

Most PSU's will outlive your system anyway, so the lifetime point is kinda moot IMO. the Corsair MTBF on the HX1000w is 150000hrs (about 17yrs running full load 24/7)

I'm hoping that with the PSU flipped and the wires going straight behind the mobo tray, I can get them in the recessed area by the drives, bunched up and organized. As it stands, they kind of prevent the side panel from closing.

I was doing this more as a mock up, to see if I liked it, how it would work with my new build on the way.

As it stands, I have holes for Front panel inputs cut near the bottom right, 12V+ for the CPU in the top left, one for the bottom drives, and one for the very top drives. And the feed right beside the PSU going behind the mobo tray. Going to go with black SATA cables, so when they are in the way, they don't stand out.

In terms of heat management, is it better to have the HDDs on top, or bottom? I am keeping the middle open for a good source of air straight through the system. Going to have the side fan as an intake as well, to cool the GPU and to try and keep the soundcard near it cool as well.

HDDs will be two Raptors, and a standard 7200RPM for media.

I searched for the reverse HDD mounting, with the cables going through the front. I couldn't find a specific link, so is anyone with a direct link? Would be greatly appreciated.

i made some changes to the case today, i moved the middle cage to the top so that it blow air directly to the cpu, did some cable management, going to mod it in the future, took out ide dvd drive for now until i get a sata one -.-"

img3245t.jpg

Back