• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ethernet port stopped working need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gottcha

I have a gigabyte ga-ex38-dq6 mother board and i had an old route and up graded to a linksys model WRT54G2 and everything was fine for a day and then my computer can't find the internet.(computer is hard wired) After i tried everything i know of with in the windows vista 32 bit network control panel it keeps telling me it can't find a network.(i tried both port) So i looked at the back of the computer and there is no lights by the two Ethernet port kinda like they just died. any sugestion would be great because this is one of my folding computers

Thanks Gottcha:beer:

have you tried a different cable?
have you hooked up directly to the modem to see if it isn't the jacks on the router that have gone bad?

no i have not tried that yet. i thought it was a problem with the computer itself due to it not having lights blinking. i'll give it a shot and let you know

have you tried a different cable?
have you hooked up directly to the modem to see if it isn't the jacks on the router that have gone bad?

Your good! It was the cable itself! which i never would have thought because it was working just fine for the last few months and other than plugging and unplugging it has not been disturbed. Well now i have to find the crimpers and make a new line. That will take a day to find those.

Thanks for your help!!!!:beer:

Back