• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 build freezes and restarts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alteredgenetics

Built a new system. It is completely stock right now, and I was just trying to make sure the build was stable before I start overclocking. Seems to be ok most of the time when just using normal applications. When I tried to run Everest System Stability test, it would either freeze up completely, or restart. The prime95 small fft seemed to run ok, but when I tried to run the blend torture test, the same thing would happen as well. I ran memtest86+ 2.11 and it went through many passes with no errors detected whatsoever. I'm not sure what to do at the moment.

Thanks for you help.

Specs
- Core i7 920
- MSI X58 Pro BIOS version 7.1
- Corsair 6gb DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) (TR3X6G1333C9)
- Sapphire Radeon HD 4830
- Sapphire Radeon HD 4830
- OCZ 700 MXSP PSU

Q1. Whats the temperature you notice when you run Everest System Stability ?
Q2. Does that utility run well on any other system ?

Anyways, I wouldnt get too hung up on it. I would try other system stability tests too in conjunction with this one.

well there are number you could run to make sure your system is stable. OCCT (in a blend mode), intelburntest,prime95(blend),orthos (blend). as that way all three cpu/mobo/ram get stressed to make sure its stable. i have touched everst system stability since back in the day, from what i recall it runs one test after the other. not what i would call a system stresser since it would test one section then move to another section. you would want to test all of them at the same time. then you could run different tests to narrow down the problem spot.

Back