• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cryostasis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Creepy, but crappy IMO. Sure the ice is a nice trick, but I don't see this one lasting. The game play is slow and flawed (even for a demo/beta). I played it for about 15min and then uninstalled it.

YMMV, but I don't think the flash and tricks from PhysX will save this game from the trash heap.

I thought the demo for this was Vista only?

If I can get my hands on it, I will certainly buy it for XP.

This game actually looked kind of interesting. I like scary games so thats good. But the IGN rating turned me off, 6/10 :confused:. Maybe Ill give it a try, even if it sucks I love eye candy. Hell thats all I do in bioshock, look at crap. Then exit, same with ut3. lol.

Installed the demo and it runs for about 5-10 min then a blank/black screen . Seems to be a common problem with the demo (according to other forums) . Anyone else ?

Yeah, I had some bugs with the demo as well. The PhysX eye candy was great, but the rest of the textures and base graphics were not that impressive to me. I'm sure the final version will be more polished, but I don't think there is much hope for the game play. They really over did the "it's f'n cold find heat" element. Every room you had to find a switch to turn power back on to warm back up.

scary super freaken scary

I think I pooped my self a little

Bahaha! I have played the demo and it wasn't totally terrible. It is infact a tad glitchy, but I doubt those things won't get fixed. I kind of like the fact that you have a heat bar instead of a health bar, adds a bit of a twist to the game. And the throwback guns are rather interesting.

Installed the demo and it runs for about 5-10 min then a blank/black screen . Seems to be a common problem with the demo (according to other forums) . Anyone else ?

*update*

Well I finally gave up on the demo . Would not play at the same spot after repeated tries .

Makes me unlikely to purchase at this point .

i have been wanting to try this for a while, well til its done downloading, i think i will setup a vice city multiplayer server with the back to the future mod :D, see ya in the future or the past

man that demo was great and i had it on the lowest settings and was still lagging, you'll probably need a quad core or i7 plus dual video cards to play it decently

Back