• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob here Looking for north/southbridge/mosfet aftermarket cooling for i7 board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

I want a jiga board for my new i7. Looking at x58-ud5 or the extreme, air only, no water. Anything out there that will work? Looking at the Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II Northbridge Cooler

http://www.petrastechshop.com/thexspiinoco.html

Will it work?

Need Southbridge cooler and mosfet coolers, Though I don't even know what the mosfet is? Heck Im not even 100% sure of the north/southbridge. Im a noob.

Why would you need aftermarket cooling? The cooling on the northbridges is sufficient enough on the current X58 boards. Only reason to replace them is if you go watercooling.

The cooling on x58 board is almost always integrated between the fets, the phase, and the nb/sb. I doubt you will have any issues as long as you have decent air flow through the case.

Gosh no, thats probably worse than the stock HS. Most if not all (you didn't list your Mobo) have the NB/SB/Mosfets in an integrated HS package. One comes off, you have to redo all the cooling. It can get expensive.

Please look at Thermalright first (try their web page) for the best air cooling parts. If they don't have what you need, then look for other brands. I am using a HR-05 I think for my NB on my older e6600 board, and have used their SLI SB HS too.

Back