• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking my e8400 and x48-dq6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aphexcloud

hi i am new to overclocking and the forums i have just bought a x48-dq6 and i am trying to overclock it i am looking to get roughly 4ghz out of it i have always delt with asus and the gigabyte board is taking me while to get used to and was just wondering if any one could shed some light on the whole situation
thanks in advance.

my system:
e8400
4gig corsair dominator
gtx 260
ga-x48-d

ps:i have tryed overclocking but to no success so far. when the over clock fails it tryes to boot post then shutdowns (proply all fans off and all light off like a hard shutdown) then a few seconds later it reboots does this 3 times resets to base clock setting and boots fine is this what happens to all theise boards or is there somthing fishy going on.

cheers:
Aphex

what d y do to overclock ???

IF you are completely new to OC you can start here.

Welcome to the jungle, we got funny games

hi i am new to overclocking and the forums i have just bought a x48-dq6 and i am trying to overclock it i am looking to get roughly 4ghz out of it i have always delt with asus and the gigabyte board is taking me while to get used to and was just wondering if any one could shed some light on the whole situation
thanks in advance.

my system:
e8400
4gig corsair dominator
gtx 260
ga-x48-d

ps:i have tryed overclocking but to no success so far. when the over clock fails it tryes to boot post then shutdowns (proply all fans off and all light off like a hard shutdown) then a few seconds later it reboots does this 3 times resets to base clock setting and boots fine is this what happens to all theise boards or is there somthing fishy going on.

cheers:
Aphex

There inst anything wrong with your board your just not overclocking correctly. follow the links given at the top of this section and read around a bit its not something you just know you have to have a basic knowledge first. Welcome to the boards. Good luck!

Pretty normal for the BIOS POST to detect that the overclock not stable, try a couple of times then give up and set some critial settings back to default.

Back