• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New All-in-one Water Cooler: Masscool 7WA002L Water Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FuriousGeorge

35-150-097-04.jpg

So far it has two good reviews on newegg, complete with a little bit of hard data, and that's all I can find.

Looks like it's supposed to go on the back of the case, no? I wonder if the tubing can be increased to fit onto the front of mine...

Who thinks this thing is gonna be good?

Looks pretty puny for water :)

If you were gonna do that I think you might want to look about a bit more :)

Would have to look into it a bit more at it I guess but heh..

I imagine this would be outperformed by high end air cooling. Stick with tried and true air cooling solutions, if you want to go water cooling, do it right.

Well as an auto mechanic, lemme say that looks very much like a Radiator/Fan/Pump/Hoses. Looks like a Automotive engineer made it with automotive parts.

Just going off of looks, I would say, I don't like the Plastic Heatsink's looks. Also pinch clamps are bad, but only if they weren't installed properly, I can see poor quality leaking all over the motherboard.

The radiator looks like it might be made of steel and aluminum, I think copper would have been the way to go here.

There doesn't apear to be a pump, so it probably works off of gravity and hot water rising, but since it appears most systems go above 70 C or 180 F, it gets just hot enough to do that.

If the fan is turning it, then it would be moving too quickly to cool the water. I would also say you would want a pressure relief and a coolant resevoir.

Just my 2 Cents because I don't know crap about computers.

Edit: nm, I noticed two harnasses. One is for the fan, the other is probably a very small pump on the heatsink.\

Hrm... I could probably build that using the manifold/HS from a Tuniq type Heatsink and then run a manifold off the heatpipes with hose to a Automotive HeaterCore. Put some kick *** 120 Fans on it and stick the puppy outside. The temps would never go above ambient. JK.

Last edited:
There doesn't apear to be a pump, so it probably works off of gravity and hot water rising, but since it appears most systems go above 70 C or 180 F, it gets just hot enough to do that.

If the fan is turning it, then it would be moving too quickly to cool the water. I would also say you would want a pressure relief and a coolant resevoir.

Just my 2 Cents because I don't know crap about computers.

It's embeded in the CPU block, much like how this works: Swiftech Apogee Drive CPU water block and pump combo.

Edit- You are right.
Edit: nm, I noticed two harnasses. One is for the fan, the other is probably a very small pump on the heatsink.\

Hrm... I could probably build that using the manifold/HS from a Tuniq type Heatsink and then run a manifold off the heatpipes with hose to a Automotive HeaterCore. Put some kick *** 120 Fans on it and stick the puppy outside. The temps would never go above ambient. JK.

You wish :D. Perfect mount + perfectly connected CPU + perfect wc setup...

Naw I could probably build a nice cooler from some auto parts, but you would probably see so little benefit vs. a ridiculous cost. Just the heater core alone would be 300 dollars.

i think he means brand new, aluminum crap at everyday person costs. i know i looked into it working at a car dealer and the best way is to look in the junk yards. (to above 2 posts)

as for the unit looks like junk in a brown box... i wouldn't touch it if you paid me. well pending how much you paid.

Back