• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would you be worried with these temps??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

My PC is starting to feel the heat over the last few weeks. I live in cumbria in the UK and the weather over the last few weeks has been getting warmer. Im concerned about my PC's temps and it's not even summer yet! To make things worse I have another 8800GT in the mail that should be arriving soon. This can only make things worse. My max temps so far have been, CPU 75c / GPU 99c. My Corsair 650W TX is also very hot to the touch. Would you be worried :shrug:

Heattest.jpg

I'm guessing you have them oc'ed...? I am not familiar will intel's heat standards, but us Amd guys don't like to ( and nor do our chips) run over 55*C. So that is way hot by my standards, but might be acceptable by intel standards. As for the gpu, they are rated up to like 105* and being as you reached 99*C that is a tad too high. Sounds to me like you need better case flow.

Well if im cerrect my CPU has a max recommended temp of 75c and the GPU 120c (Then it lowers its clocks) My case has decent airflow, 1x 120mm intake, 2x 80 intake in side window, 1x 80mm intake on the right hand side of the case. and 1x 120mm exhaust. Could do with fitting a 92mm fan to exhaust heat from the top of the case. Need to do some modding before summer hits.

It seems you should have pretty good case flow so maybe you just need to lower your oc's. What kind of ambient temps do you have? And if you have the side of the case open, do your temps drop, raise or remain pretty stable?

Well, the odd thing about your overclock is that your cores are actually cooler than your CPU temp. On mine its typically the other way around. I have a E5200 and a Q6600 at the moment my Q6600 only hits about 62 degrees with an ambient temp of about 27. Since this particular quad usually runs really hot, I would say that you have inadequate cooling. What kind of cooling are you running?

My temps raise slighty with the side removed. My CPU is cooled by OCZ vanquisher. Think I will invest in a better case. I've asked for case advise in the cases forum and I've now got my eye on the Coolermaster HAF. Heres what my current case looks like

HPIM0930.jpg

just ordered a coolermaster HAF off ebuyer.co.uk

£114 inc P&P. Hopefully my temps will come down in this new case.

If you could move the hard drives above the gpu, it may help also. Surely could not hurt, lol.

Zab zab zab. All you need if to get a dual slot card ( waste of money if you ask me) or get a fan blowing from the side to move that hot air out of there. I have an idear. Take the expansion slot cover off of the slot below your gpu and then put a fan at the end of your card blowing towards that back. :D

This is a old pic. The computer has had a complete clean out since then. Thanks for your advice. This case will be used for my fileserver soon. Coolermaster HAF sould be arriving tommorow! :)

Back