• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyst0pia

So, rather embarrassing, but I don't really know how to overclock my video card. It's a GTX 285, standard model (no SC, SSC, FTW, whatever), current overclock in sig. What I've been doing is just ramping the numbers up in RivaTuner and just using the thing without giving it much of a test.

Is there some standard stress test for graphics cards? I know we use Prime95 for CPU and Memtest for memory, but is there an equivalent for graphics cards? Haven't seen any artifacts yet; does this mean I'm good to keep going?

There is actually, Furmark. :D You can set it on stability and run it for however long you feel safe or just run a series of one minute benchmarks. I do the latter.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=604717

little guid made by me

it's for the 260 but it should apply to every gtx200 except for the volt mod.

furmark and atitool yeah, you shouldn't only check stability but also temps.

in that page i also explain how to get good cooling without a water cooling solution

Back