• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best free online fps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hi guys
does anybody know some good free fps online games?
i'm not at home as much these days and would like to get some games i can play on my laptop :)

i've been looking at Fear Combat atm, just started downloading it. also tried Combat Arms but that felt really gay for some reason :shrug:
it's like a constipated version of Cod4...if that makes sense lol.

just wondering if there's any other fps games out there to try out :thup:

thanks

I love fear combat, but to get the 1.08 patch you have to pick it up from gamers hell as the seirra ftp server either does not carry it any more or it is down.

also Americas Army is pretty good.

I love fear combat, but to get the 1.08 patch you have to pick it up from gamers hell as the seirra ftp server either does not carry it any more or it is down.

also Americas Army is pretty good.
sweet, thanks man.
installing Fear Combat now ;)
saw my friend plyaing it when i went over last night, and it was pretty cool.

Enemy Territory - still free, online playing, you can set up your own server on your lappie and play offline.

Americas Army hands down, I love the gameplay. Nice graphics, nice stats, and its free! Supported by the US ARMY!

not available for linux or macs
doesn't bother me
i'll never be touching either of those OSes. i hate Apple :santa:
and i'm just not familiar with Linux. i'll only say why if anybody asks lol.

OH YEH! Quakelive. can't believe i didn't think of that.
i checked out America's Army, but the website wasn't what i expected. i'll download teh game when my internet cap is removed (May 10th).
if anybody gets Fear Combat,

:::: DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM GAMESPOT ::::

i wasted 1.8gb becuase of Gamespot. the Fear Combat file is broken, so download from sierra's website :)

thanks for the suggestions :thup
cubed, is BF Heroes any fun? i just googled it an it's cartoon shooter! - interesting ^^

can't watch any youtube footage cos i'm capped at 8kb/s. :eek:

haha, 8kb/s LOL. Toots Linux crashed the other day ROFL. So i just don't like it! So why do you hate Linux??? Not really a fan of Quake. Installed it on my computer and the game play was just bad. Maybe just my computer but it was all laggy and stuff :(

haha, 8kb/s LOL. Toots Linux crashed the other day ROFL. So i just don't like it! So why do you hate Linux??? Not really a fan of Quake. Installed it on my computer and the game play was just bad. Maybe just my computer but it was all laggy and stuff :(
lol. i've got nothing against Linux, but i hate Apple for sure, mostly becuase of their overated Ipods. my boombox has better sound quality than any Ipod can give.
that's why i use Samsung ;) and clickwheel FTL.

i've never really used Linux, except for a school project when we had to install it. so can't really say much about it.

did you install Quake Live or or Quake game? if it was Quake Wars i bet it lagged because of the graphics setting you set.

doesn't bother me
i'll never be touching either of those OSes. i hate Apple :santa:
and i'm just not familiar with Linux. i'll only say why if anybody asks lol.

OH YEH! Quakelive. can't believe i didn't think of that.
i checked out America's Army, but the website wasn't what i expected. i'll download teh game when my internet cap is removed (May 10th).
if anybody gets Fear Combat,

:::: DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM GAMESPOT ::::

i wasted 1.8gb becuase of Gamespot. the Fear Combat file is broken, so download from sierra's website :)

thanks for the suggestions :thup
cubed, is BF Heroes any fun? i just googled it an it's cartoon shooter! - interesting ^^

can't watch any youtube footage cos i'm capped at 8kb/s. :eek:

It's a Battlefield Series game, it's Battlefield Heroes. It's in Closed Beta. It's extremely fun. It's almost the same graphics that Team Fortress 2 has. Same concept that other Battlefield games have of Conquest points, etc.

It plays more like an FPS RPG though. Pretty damn fun if you ask me.

I posted a thread in the forum where you can get a Closed Beta key.

Free FPSes so far to me tend to be nothing more than *arena-abees, I don't play any of them. Allegedly free ones also tend to be CS clones with some nickel and dime aspect also. :(

It's in Closed Beta. It's extremely fun.

We're not supposed to know if it's fun! NDA breached.

Battlefield Heroes is fun except for a couple things. It takes roughly 6000 bullets to kill someone. That someone may have spent RL cash buying better in-game weapons that will splatter you in a few shots.

They need to add some 'vanilla' servers where you just get the default guns or something.

Battlefield Heroes is fun except for a couple things. It takes roughly 6000 bullets to kill someone. That someone may have spent RL cash buying better in-game weapons that will splatter you in a few shots.

They need to add some 'vanilla' servers where you just get the default guns or something.

You're wrong. How long did you play the "closed beta" for? Anything you buy in the game with BF points does not give you an advantage over anyone else who plays the game.

Back