• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsinks without plastic retainers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furstin

Registered
I think plastic retainers is the right word...right now i have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro fan&heatsink..but i hate hate hate the little plastic screw type things.I remember a while ago i bought a cooler where you used proper metal screws and there was an attachment to the underside of the MB that you screwed the screws into,it was much easier and i always knew i was getting completel contact with the cpu and the heatsink.Could someone please give me some heat sink&fans where they use this instead of the little plastic *thingies*?

Cheers

There are a lot of heatsinks like this, such as the TRUE, and some companies offer bracket kits to attach heatsinks to your mobo with.

your talking about push pins, they do suck. but i found on my arctic cooling freezer 7 pro it worked fine.

On most heatsinks, they should work fine for most purposes, unless you're really pushing the limits

Back