• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 810X4 2.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michta35

I would like to see a running discussion for those of us with this processor working on overclocking and stability. I've seen alot of posts on the 900 series and the 720 since it has unlocked multipliers.

If anyone has this cpu and has a good OC going it would be great to see your results and get some feedback to help in learning about this cpu. Also, I've read some articles regarding unlocking the extra cache, but not sure how feasable that is outside of the Asrock mobo's.

Last edited:
Have one of these on the way along with the DFI board and some of the Mushkin ram. Got the cpu free :p I don't have a really good air sink lying around but another guy here got 3.2 on stock cooling. I should have some results by Friday night or so for stock. It is going to go under my phase unit within the next couple weeks. I need to retrofit my phase unit.

If I can get this chip to 4 Ghz(under ice) and DFI manages the cache unlock I will be in hog heaven. I am guessing these chips put out about 250w of heat?

3200 on stock cooling was no issue at all. I am sitting just a tad over 3400 right now with peak temps at 48c under full OCCT load with an aftermarket CPU cooler. I really won't look to push it much higher as I use this mainly for gaming. This was a "I am laid off" purchase so the price was right. I tried the ACC enable to see if the mother board I have would unlock the cache but no such luck.

Glad to hear 3.4 sounds pretty attainable. Should have np with 4 on my SS Phase. I am a gamer too so will run this around 3.2 as well(my 8800 will bottleneck anyway) assuming I can find an air cooler that will make for quick'n'easy change out. Otherwise ill run it near it's max.

I wouldnt worry about the cache to much though, I saw some benches somewhere showing that the extra cache did not provide significant real world performance gains.

I am also taking a dive and doing this all on Windows 7 RC1 (which I have heard good things about). So we will see.

Just an update. I had it running with some tests passed last night at 3.5 on air cooling(After market CPU cooler) 3.6 stable would be a great final resting spot at 277x13, but 270x13 right now needs some more time to make sure it is stable enough there I think.

Well having a hell of a time with this on my DFi DK 790FXB-m3H5 and Mushkin ram. Prime 95 nets 57C load at stock speeds. I have struggled to get the ram prime stable at 1333. I am using stock sink right now.

It was funky the manualk online said for DC to put them in opposite banks, or so thats hw I understood it. I did so and ended up doing numerous cmos resets because it would not run dualchannel, ganged mode nothing. It would boot to windows with defaults at 1066 single channel though and my temops were about 33C idle, didnt have load temps at that time.

NowI have the ram in the correct banks and it is running prime very well(before it would fail within 10 seconds) but im idling at 40C- and load at 57C. I did not reseate the hsf, nothing.

Im afraid something got broken, how can I expect 3.2 on stock cooling(which is supposed to be a nonissue) when im well past my max temp threshold at stock speeds!

Chances are you bumped the sink changing the sticks - that's very easy to do. Doesn't seem like that would make temps so much higher but it's possible depending on how good the seat was in the first place ...

For a reference point for yourself:

Prior to adding a freezer xtreme cpu cooler I was able to hit 3.3 on stock [email protected] I believe. However, my temps were decent with full load OCCT, but I do have a modded case with some extra well located fans and good exhaust flow so that may have helped me. When I added the new aftermarket CPU cooler for $50 I was able to hit 3510.

Stable for 3 days now. When I tried 3.6+ I was unable to keep it stable during testing so I am at a wall there.

Currently using the DHX 1600 2x2 kit in the first bank closest to CPU without issue. Unganged mode though@ about 1410+ Full load temps hit 50c with monitoring temps around 30c. I am using the Asus m4 series board, which has been great for overclocking this middle of the road, locked CPU.

All fans, including the aftermarket CPU cooler is pushing air through the back exhaust fan with the front of the case and top of the case pulling air into the cpu/ram/northbridge area.

Where are your voltages at on the CPU& NB/CPU ? I have my HT set at around 1890 with the NB/CPU speed around [email protected]

Last edited:
Chances are you bumped the sink changing the sticks - that's very easy to do. Doesn't seem like that would make temps so much higher but it's possible depending on how good the seat was in the first place ...

+1

For a reference point for yourself:

Prior to adding a freezer xtreme cpu cooler I was able to hit 3.3 on stock [email protected] I believe. However, my temps were decent with full load OCCT, but I do have a modded case with some extra well located fans and good exhaust flow so that may have helped me. When I added the new aftermarket CPU cooler for $50 I was able to hit 3510.

Stable for 3 days now. When I tried 3.6+ I was unable to keep it stable during testing so I am at a wall there.

Currently using the DHX 1600 2x2 kit in the first bank closest to CPU without issue. Unganged mode though@ about 1410+ Full load temps hit 50c with monitoring temps around 30c. I am using the Asus m4 series board, which has been great for overclocking this middle of the road, locked CPU.

All fans, including the aftermarket CPU cooler is pushing air through the back exhaust fan with the front of the case and top of the case pulling air into the cpu/ram/northbridge area.

Where are your voltages at on the CPU& NB/CPU ? I have my HT set at around 1890 with the NB/CPU speed around [email protected]

Good job Michta! You've caught on in a hurry :) You're OC is looking Excellent.

Thanks. It's my first overclock. These forums have helped me tremendously. I also have an intel 8450 wolfdale with a fried motherboard I need to RMA. Hoping to get that resolved so I can learn on that one now and get it to 4ghz

Yeah I tried reseating the heatsink to no avail. Gonna try again in a moment. My case is the old "upsidedown" silverstone and there is pretty decent air flowgoing over everything. I need to look at my voltags again was 1 AM when I was doing this but CPU was somerhere in the 1.2 range, ram was 1.85, cant remember nb/cpu.

Last night I got it working but the cpu temps are so high it it imposible to do any overclock. So for another reference do you remeber your temps at stock on the stock cooler? I honestly have no idea what I sould be getting.

If I recall I was getting around 28c IDLE@3280 with peaks hitting around 46c on OCCT full load. Again, it is stock cpu cooling at that point, but my case is well modded for air flow. The cheapo aftermarket CPU cooler I put in since has given me a boost to 3510 with peak temps at 50c and idle temps around 32c. Unfortuntaley 3.6+ wouldn't stay stable for me :(

The 3280 voltage was at stock I think around 1.30. Right now I am sitting at 1.45 and slowly trying to see how far I can drop that and remain stable on at least 30 mins of OCCT and gaming for 4-5 hours in a wow raid :)

Well I reseated the heatsink looking at 35C idle and 54C load but it showed 29C in bios when i firt booted it before I upped the ram volatge and speed. Slightly better temps but this hs can not hold a load. Dunno if its making good contact or what, I have reseated it a couple times.

The heatsink it came with is all aluminum, about 1.5 inches tall. Has 80mm fan on it and no heatpipes. Sound like what you got or did I just get a bad bad hsf.

You said you've got the board in upside-down? There's a good chance part of your trouble is there. IDK about the DFI's specifically but a lot of heatpipe boards need to be oriented correctly for those to work right.

How are the northbridge temps? Is the NB a little over-warm? Just something to keep in mind ...

NB is 38C with normal use(web, music, download). It is the cpu, I get Ok idle temps but it cant hold a load to save its life. Frusterating AMD would include a stock hsf that cant even hold their cpu at 100% for 5 minutes.

This is correct...

Room is probably 72-74 f, good airflow across the cpu/motherboard with side pannels off. I saw this sink in the box and thought to myself, wow how can that tiny thing cool this quad core. My answer is: It can't.

I guess I'll have to dig to see if the thermal updates are out for the 810. That whole thing just strikes an odd note with me after seeing 4-pipe coolers for dual-core Opty's. I mean, I know the 8xx is the economy quad but still ...

Yeah I hear you this thing honestly looks worse than the Stock HS I had for my San Diego.

s8000840s.jpg

As you see all Aluminume, less than 1.5 inches tall, no heatpipes. Im had it im dumping it, what are some cheap heatsinks that that will get this thing to 3.2-3.4 on air.

Back