• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best SLi boards for OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

I have to come to possess two GTX 260 216 cards, somewhat by accident (don't ask). My current MB has two PCIe slots, but doesn't do SLi. I'd love to run them in SLi, but I don't know much about SLi motherboards. I know the new Intel i7 platform supports it, but it'd be a bit of a shame to sell the QX9650.

So, who makes the best SLi, socket 775 motherboards for overclocking? EVGA sure seems to be at the top of the price range, but I have no idea how well they overclock or how complete their BIOS settings are. I'd love a board with mild vdroop.

+1 for the EVGA 780I FTW. all solid caps. SOlid board. Youll reach 4.0 for sure.

The A1 looks nice. Does it have CPU reference voltage settings in the BIOS settings somewhere? In the few screen shots I've seen of the BIOS, the available settings didn't look overly impressive. No guarantees that the screen shots were actually of the board I'm looking at though, hence the question. :)

Yeah, I'd probably say a EVGA 780i FTW myself, I have a regular EVGA 780i with two old GTS8800OC's and a Q6600 that my wife uses now that I used to run non-stop at 3.6. It's not cooled so well these days and my wife really doesnt game so its not up there that fast these days. Sorry I digress :beer:

I'm sure that board would do well with a QX9650 and better stuff in it.

the A-1's maybe are newer I've been away from SLI a bit, I jumped ship from NVIDIA to one HD4870x2 these days I guess :)

Back