• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Divvichild

I've seen this for a while, and I was browsing other threads on the EVGA x58 with shots of numbers for the bclk.

199.7.jpg

If you look under BUS SPEED, its says 199.7 or 199.5 or whatever.

I have set to 200, but it doesn't matter what I set the Bclk to, its always .5 less.

Other boards give the actual value. Anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

I've seen this for a while, and I was browsing other threads on the EVGA x58 with shots of numbers for the bclk.

199.7.jpg

If you look under BUS SPEED, its says 199.7 or 199.5 or whatever.

I have set to 200, but it doesn't matter what I set the Bclk to, its always .5 less.

Other boards give the actual value. Anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe are the other boards, rounding the value :)
I do not think you have to worry , about this

Cool, thanks. Just wasn't sure if there was some mniscule setting that is causing it.

The difference is due to the electronics of your board. In particular the clock generating circuit. While you may buy two of the same exact boards from a manufacturer, inherent defects in the materials, alter the behavior of a circuit. It is like having two resistors rated at 1kohm, but in reality they are 0.9995 or 1.0005. Same goes for any type of electronics equipment, such as cpus, which depending on batch, yield better/worse results. The problem gets magnified when you exceed specifications as well.

Back