• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHich of these 3 MB? Asus,Giga,DFI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekabuser

This is for my very FIRST build. These three boards seem to be the best for my price range.
Asus P5qL Pro Lga 775
Giga GA-EP45-UD3p
DFI DK P45 TRS2plus
Mated to an intel pent e5200 Wolfdale2.5 65W dual core.

Eventually I will get a nice quad when theyre cheaper.. My primary concern is the build itself.. I know its gonna be nerve wracking till I finally see everything working.. If I have to trouble shoot, the more idiot proof the board is the better.

Price, is an issue,the asus has a clear lead there..
Features , durability, OC ability... Im a noob OC. My last comp was an AGP AMD that was like a 1.8 ghz n I got it to 2.1 fiddling around with the bios. but I want to learn, So ease of bios is an issue..

I am not gonna be an expert, but am trying to put together the best value gaming rig I can< mechwarrior living legends mod for crysis> I am gonna get a nice little aftermarket cooler and try to squeeze every bit out of my system..
I cant figure out from all the reviews etc just which one of these boards is best for my noobish needs... Any and all imput appreciated..
~S~

im a asus fan i have never had a problem with them before for the first time im using a giga board now and im not having the best experience with it atm...

i have used alot of the P5Q series and instead of the one you posted i highly recommend this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131296

it has 1 16x pci-e slot or if your going xfire you can have both cards running at 8x

these boards are really good overclockers so you wont have a problem pushing your cpu to its limits....

if you want something a little cheaper there is this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131377
which also has 1 16x or 2 8x slots

Back