• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2 Won't Load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cubed

I cannot get into the game. It goes to the splash screen, flickers back to desktop, back to splash screen than finally goes back to the desktop.

I'm running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and read that I have to disable a refresh rate override to be able to get into the game and set my preferences, like resolution and refresh rate.

The problem is, is that I can't find a refresh rate override turn off in the new nVidia console.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Do I have to download someones Video Config for Battlefield 2?

try setting your sound and video acceleration down one notch

Control Panel->Sound and Audio Devices-> Audio Tab
Control Panel->Display-> Settings Tab-> Advanced Button

load the game, apply video and sound changes, quit game, reset prior settings back to full acceleration, start game.

I forget where I read this, but with all the bugs I have had with the game, this is the closest solution to a similar problem I had.

I had this happen when i reinstalled a few months ago. I had to install BF2, then special forces, then patch to 1.41 (the latest one when i did it) to make it work. Reading, lots of people had to do this as well.

I don't have any of the expansions anymore though. I only have the original game. I loaded on the brand new beta patch, and nothing worked, even though I didn't install previous patches either.

The Beta 1.5 patch requires the game to be patched to version 1.41 before installing. Did you do that?

Hmm, no I don't think I did. I downloaded the Battlefield 2 Patch 1.5 Beta. I didn't get anything that told me to install 1.41 first though. Should I have installed those patches as well? I figured all the previous patches were already contained in 1.5 Beta.

Alright well, it loaded this time. Now after I installed the beta patch I can't load into the game. Ever have that problem? I double click the server, but it never gets to the loading screen.

Alright well, it loaded this time. Now after I installed the beta patch I can't load into the game. Ever have that problem? I double click the server, but it never gets to the loading screen.
Yeah, unfortunately that is a fairly common problem with the beta patch from what I have read, I have the same problem. You could try updating punkbuster manually, but I think the issue is related to the patch itself. You may just have to use the 1.41 patch until the 1.5 beta patch gets some of the bugs ironed out.

Here is info on manually updating PB: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Back