• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Seti Times...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

OK When I keep my system on for more than a day or so the WU start getting really high to near 15 hours I rebooted today and then it started lowering alot now it went from 15:20 to like 14hrs and still lowering.

System is much smoother now, do you think it can be Windows?

I'm currently using no swap/paging file as I have 512ram.

Yodums

Yeah it sounds like a memory leak or something of that nature, but tell us more about what OS and hardware etc. 98 and ME are bad about needing frequent reboots to keep the work environment clean up - at least once or twice a week for optimum performance.

I think I defragged some time ago forgot about 2-3 weeks I guess.

Hmm Chaintech 6VTA Motherboard..

P3 500 Katmai..

512 CAS2 Raming @ Turbo

They score PC133 marks in Sisoft Sandra 2002

Yodums

As you are using Win XP Pro you should have so much problems.....I use Win 98 SE in my work PC and usually reboot once a week when the system crashes :) But my SETI times are constant all those days. Try to defrag your HD and maybe go to some hardware store where they can have your memory tested for errors.

Back