• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some good advise for wc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LawShadow

Hi guys

After some research for the case i choosed the Lian Li TYR PC-X500. I would have choosen the X2000 but that would mean no intel X25 SSD wich i want as a os drive and some applications and 2/3 games, (data is on the second drive 500gb). A intel X25 ssd and a tyr X2000 together would be to expensive for me.

So instead il go for the younger brother the X500, wich cost less.
The pump of choice is the: Aqua-Computer Aquastream XT it use only 5WATT, so less heat output i think...will be using it to cool a cpu and gpu And its quiet german made quality. the mpc655 is a very good pump but dumps more heat (25WATT), I also considered the mpc350 for sillent ussage wich after some reading and searching is not so sillent as i hoped for (whining sound). Here is a picture of the pump i want:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vkxd7p.jpg

Couple of questions:

A: I made a drawing of the loop order and where to put the components, what do you think guys? Please note i'm not planning to build the radiator in front of the case or back. B:Is it also possible to put the reservoir left of the pump, that would be better for maintenance, like the fans, if so will this setup give me problems, should a reservoir be fitted above the pump, or i'm just to worried:bang head.? and just put it left of the pump. C: the radiator is below the pump should that give me any problems for the pump...?
Can you guy's give me answers to these three questions A,B,C,
And guys i really want this case:p

Hope you can give me some good feedback
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Lian li 500-1.JPG
    Lian li 500-1.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 236
^^ good catch.

A. it's fine where things are, it makes no difference. its a strong pump so no worries on where things are within the case. but as noted above, the inlet and outlet have been mixed up.
B. you can place the res where you want inside the case, just make sure it feeds the pump's inlet. this way the pump always has water when filling.
C.no the rad can also go anywhere in or outside the case (to a certain limit, e.g. don't have the rad 20 feet away) its a closed loop so it will handle it fine. i have one of my rads off the back and one rad for my other loop on top of the case. it's about 2 feet from the pump.

I dont claim to know much about that pump, but doesn't it draw water IN the front and discharge it out the top?

Some do, and there are options in terms of pump mounting brackets that will alter things.

OP: The configuration looks fine, but in the immortal words of Mike Tyson: " Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth!" :D Be flexible, and don't be afraid to change your approach if the situation warrants it. Meatballing an install, IMO, is one of the more interesting aspects of water cooling.

You don't show any fans on the radiator. You are aware you need some?

The whole radiator thing has me a little confused (easly done)

Is it a hover PC?
hope you dont have any hairy pets too.

Ive seen PSU turn into fire hazzards because there full of pet hair... stick a pc on a smooth floor and it`ll do a great job of hoovering up.

my dog had short fur and eat sofa foam when she got a bad stomach.
sure there was a plus side too, but yeh hairy and eats anything about covers it.

I don't think you should put the rad on the bottom. it doesn't seem like a good idea. However it can work if you case was elevated with the bottom open. You best bet is placing the rad either on the back or the top. Of course as it seems, the top mounted rad would be external and will require a lot of tubing. However, if you place it in the back side, you can use the holes already there for tubing passage.

Agreed putting the rad under the case like that unless the bottom of the rad was at least 4 inches off the floor. Guess you could make some sorts of stilts for the case.

Or put the res out the back like evryone else does.

Thank you for all the reply's guy's

It was a good thing coming here otherwise i would have screw things up for the in and outlet.

As for the radiator well...i figured that one out already. Will saw a hole in the right side of my table wich is just a piece of wood all i need to do is assemble the table legs myself, and put the tubing and radiator trough the hole the case it self will rest upon the table it self. I find it not so aesthetically to see the rad on top of the case or the back. And there is no space in the case it self for a rad, well perhaps in front of the case.

Whats the best loop i see i switched the in and outlet, what would be the loop if the inlet and outlet is corrected? As you can see i put the reservoir above the pump thinking the water from the reservoir will continue its way through the pump--radiator--cpu--gpu--reservoir--pump.

Thanks again for the reply's guy's.

I have that case. The case is very shallow from front to rear.

Since space is kinda tight in there, so I'd go with a 355 w/ reservoir top for the pump. That should save you quite a bit of space. You should have height for it in the case close to the front fans. Clicky and clicky.

Unless you seriously mod the bottom of it, I think a Rad on the bottom would be very problematic. Measuring the front fans, I see it won't accomodate a 2x120 rad, there's too much space between them. I suppose you could mod that, and slap the radiator there.

Honestly, I'm not sure where else you can mount a rad easily but on the back. Nice thing about that case, it is tall enough to completely hide a 3x120 rad behind it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks again for the reply's guy's.

As for the radiator the plan is: to mount it under (outside) the case.
Yes the mcp355 is a great choice because of the size, but my main consern is the sound, i think the mcp350 is more "silent" then the mcp355, correct me if i am wrong...
As long as the reservoir is before the pump, ok got it.
well guys you helped me a lot. Time to order the stuff hopefully in 1 month from now when i gathered my savings enough to pay the WC set. If i encounter problems il ask people here confident enough of the skill level here, wich is very good.

As to this thread it can be closed
Thanks again for the help all of you.

Back