• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

QX9650 in a XPS 630i.

max i wanna spend is $75 shipped.

The case is reverse ATX so clearance might be a issue on some heatsinks.

92mm fan has been installed that is directly behind the cpu so this might work better with certain types of heatsinks.

How Much Clearance Is There Between The Motherboard And The Side Of The Case
If There Is Room Get The Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme Or Thermalright Ultima-90

Yeah, what case are you using and how far away is the socket from the case bottom? With my old P5WDH board I could mount a TRUE the normal way in a Silverstone TJ06 but when I upgraded to a X38-DQ6 board the socket was closer to the edge of the mobo and I couldn't mount a TRUE the normal way (exhausting towards the back of the case). I ended up going with a MM U2-UFO case for my main rig and I ended up watercooling another setup in the TJ06.

BTW, that QX9650 will respond very well to a nice watercooled setup.;)

Do you have any specs? I know the actual height of the SB CCTF, and I could find other heights, but I need to know what to look for. I do know that a water setup will keep you nice and low :thup:.

im going air on this system. i got a rig that water cooled and i dont wanna spend 4300 on cooling a dell.

i'll do some measurements tomorrow

Xigmatek s1283 Dark Knight is a great package as it includes a top-notch performer and the bolt-thru kit for a reasonable price. Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer is another contender for sure.

ok im gonna get the Xigmatek s1283 Dark Knight.

What would be the best fan i can slap to that that will give me the best temps without sounding like a jet.

Psh! Who doesn't like to have a jet computer!?!?! I say get a 200CFM fan and run it full blast @ 80+ dB. But all joking aside, probably a sythe s-flex or a yate loon med.

Just ordered the Xigmatek s1283 Dark Knight. it should fit i seen people with simular heatsinks in the 630i.

i'll use the stock fan and see how i like it but i'll prob end up getting a flex for it.

Back