HTPC All your home theater PC needs.
Forum Jump

Choosing A Tuner/cap/tv Card -pci Express 16( I Think ), tv card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-09-09, 11:29 AM Thread Starter   #1
mikezilla2
Registered

Exclamation Choosing A Tuner/cap/tv Card -pci Express 16( I Think ), tv card

well at this stage im not sure what kind / brand of card i want i was using a winfast DTV 2000 H but in the end it ended up corrupting windows that and the air flow near my 8800 GTS wasnt too good , so basically what im after now is a card that can record digital tv ( HD ?)( maybe two shows at once ? ) a card that has component and HDMI / S video inputs for recording PS2/PS3 game play ( yes im aware there might be some lag how bad will it be? ) and an airl input lol and im guessing ad skipping is given with the software that it comes with ? so yea looking for one that's reliable and wont conflict with my ASUS M2V Motherboard and is priced well ( maybe just the HDMI ports and tv recording ? ) please recommend me more then one card if you can and tho it may not matter the montier im using is native 1080P brvia Z ( 1920X1080P ) im guessing iv given too much info !( using XP pro on a desktop )
mikezilla2 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-10-09, 05:12 AM Thread Starter   #2
mikezilla2
Registered

is this forum dead ?
Old 05-10-09, 08:00 AM   #3
jediman

Sorry that you haven't received help yet. The HTPC forum isn't one of the most active forums here. An additional factor in your not receiving of help might be the confusing nature of your topic statement and the post content. I came in to try and find out what you were actually looking for and gave up due to the meandering topic of the post and sentences that look like run-ons to me.

so you want a TV tuner with the following attributes:
-pci-e (i believe any pci-e card will work in a x16 slot)
-record digital tv (could your old card do this? I thought recording DTV was basically . restricted by the cable companies? Do you mean over the air stuff?)
-has component and HDMI/S-video inpiuts
-an airl input (i don't know what this is)

I would guess that AVS forums would be where you would more likely be able to gather information on this topic
jediman is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-10-09, 11:19 AM Thread Starter   #4
mikezilla2
Registered

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediman View Post
Sorry that you haven't received help yet. The HTPC forum isn't one of the most active forums here. An additional factor in your not receiving of help might be the confusing nature of your topic statement and the post content. I came in to try and find out what you were actually looking for and gave up due to the meandering topic of the post and sentences that look like run-ons to me.

so you want a TV tuner with the following attributes:
-pci-e (i believe any pci-e card will work in a x16 slot)
-record digital tv (could your old card do this? I thought recording DTV was basically . restricted by the cable companies? Do you mean over the air stuff?)
-has component and HDMI/S-video inpiuts
-an airl input (i don't know what this is)( Annetta)

I would guess that AVS forums would be where you would more likely be able to gather information on this topic
and i just mean local stuff - i have cable but its a few floors down from me so theres no eay of doing that . but yea you pretty much summed it up . any ideas on were better to post this on OC ? and card info ?
Old 05-10-09, 12:36 PM   #5
Wicked Klown
Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior

10 Year Badge

For a tuner with component take a look at the Hauppauge HD-PVR.

Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus
Wicked Klown is offline Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-10-09, 12:40 PM Thread Starter   #6
mikezilla2
Registered

thx yea but im after a PCIE express 16 card ...... new egg probbly isnt the best place for me to buy ether with the exchange rate ......
Old 05-10-09, 12:50 PM   #7
Wicked Klown

10 Year Badge

Might help if you said where your from. Also I don't beileve thay make a PCIE x 16 card with component or HDMI input.

Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus
Old 05-10-09, 04:17 PM Thread Starter   #8
mikezilla2
Registered

im an aussie , and i found this http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/ but i don't think it tunes in to tv .
Old 05-10-09, 05:43 PM   #9
Wicked Klown

10 Year Badge

Yea thats a capture device for HD cameras and such, not a tuner.

HEAT

Old 05-10-09, 05:53 PM   #10
Mr.Guvernment

10 Year Badge

tv tuner cards dont need to be PCIe x16 times, most are only PCIe 1 or 2x

check our Avermedia PCIe TV tuners great cards, i did alot of research on tv tuner cards a while back and whle Happauge gets praised, they get hit hard with driver support for new OS's, where as Avermedia cards seemed to get good ranks on keeping up with drivers for old and new os's.

,`, Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part ,`,
,`, The trouble with life is theres no background music ,`,
,`, Life isnt short, you're just dead for too long,`,

Mr.Guvernment is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Display and Sound Technology > HTPC
HTPC All your home theater PC needs.