• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOD#*@#& Intel E7300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AW_3_3

Hello. :) Im new here, and Im having a slight, er, problem with my couple month old system. (Specs in sig). Now, I had high hopes for My E7300, as I have seen many a report of 3.8Ghz on stock or slightly modified voltages. Well, mine wont seem to do that, no matter what I do. Right now, Im running it at 3Ghz (2.66stock), 400Mhz FSB (266 stock), with 1.25v vcore (1.2 actual) just to be stable. This is a problem, because as soon as I try to hit 3.4, or even 3.2, it requires a MASSIVE voltage increase. 3.4Ghz requires 1.325 (1.295 actual). I haven't touched the termination voltage or any of those other ones, I just leave them on auto. Right now, this is the settings...
CPU clock- 3.0Ghz
FSB- 400
CPU Div- 7.5
FSB Strap- 400
Memory Speed- 400 (800)
Mem Div- 1:1
Memory timings- 4-4-4-9 w/ tRD 7 @ 2.2V and MCH Voltage of 1.4v.
PCIe clock- 101Mhz
CPU voltage- 1.25v

No Matter what I do, it requires massive amounts of vCore just go up a tiny bit. Im starting to think I got a dud chip, which is quite frustrating. The memory is not the issue. Would you suggest anything? 3.6Ghz @ 1.25v or even 1.3v sounds really good. Thanks in advance!

So, you are getting a 800mhz overclock w/ 1.3v (actual) and your stock (VID) is 1.2v. You increased .1v for 800mhz and that is massive? Are you kidding me?

Im sure you could go 1ghz over w/ around 1.35v (actual, always refer to voltage as actual from now on, you dont need to post both). If so, what is the issue? For me to go 1ghz over on my e8400, it took .125v over my VID (1.325 in your case).

**EDIT** Figured I should edit this. Granted, its frustrating to see posts like this with people thinking that every chip is the same and can clock just as high as the next, but I shouldve offered help.

First, what are your other settings? GTLRef? NB? PLL? VTT? All those play a part the higher you go. NB will be important as going from 266fsb to 400fsb is a big jump. You say its NOT your ram, are you sure? What is your ram voltage? Which tests have you run to be sure its the CPU only, and not possibly the NB or RAM?

Last edited:
Eh, no problem. Im no computer idiot, :). I was in a hurry and a little frustrated at the time. and I fully realize that not all chips are the same. And I mistyped, I was thinking something else. 3.4Ghz requires 1.42v actual to hit. 3.2 needs 1.3v. I would say .12v for 200mhz is massive, wouldnt you? I have great cooling, temps stay under 35 at 3Ghz. I was hoping some of you would have any ideas for if Im doing something wrong here As for other settings, hold on and Ill grab them for you

Oh, and stock voltage for my E7300 was 1.12v I think.

CPU Termination- 1.2V (stock)
CPU PLL- 1.550V (stock)
CPU Reference- .805 (Stock)

MCH-1.4V (1.1V Stock)
ICH- 1.550V (stock)
VDIMM- 2.2V

I dont know if its the Motherboard or the CPU, but Im assuming its the CPU. The motherboard is rated for 1600MHz By OC by GIGABYTE, and when I set the multiplier lower, it runs stably (if I raise vcore and vMCH a bit). I know its not the memory because its not overclocked. It does it weather Im running it at 5-5-5-15, or 4-4-4-9. VDIMM is 2.2V standard, and thats what I run it at. Ran memtest, no errors. Also tried some old DDR2-533 to see if it did it with that, and indeed it did. Other graphics card, same problem.
EIST- off (makes no difference if its on or off)
C1E EHS- On, makes no difference, again.

I was running an E7300 on an old ABIT AW9 at 400x10 24/7 with just 1.3625 volts Vcore and 1.80v MCH. I cut it off at 435x10 because it was taking 1.92v MCH and even with a TR NB cooler and fan I was afraid I'd blow the ol' chipset right thru the side of the case.
hystericalwt8.gif
I stuck it on an I45 but I haven't had a chance to load in an OS on that system and test it out.

Oh, and I use Prime95 for stability testing. Lets put it this way, anything under 1.4Vcore at 3.4Ghz is an insta-crash. Its always a rounding error too,

Back