• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep losing wireless signal and having to reconnect, any help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ringside

Registered
Hello all,

I hope someone can solve my (probably) simple problem. For the first time ever I'm having to connect via wireless rather than a physical connection. I recently set a new PC up with Vista and a PCI wireless receiver and had no issues, however I decided to swap Vista for XP and formatted. The PCI card was a bit harder to set up using XP, I'm not a network expert but I muddled through it. However now I keep getting messages saying there are one or more network connections available and I'm disconnected. So I click on my little monitors icon and have to reconnect to the wireless signal.

This is happening every 3 or 4 mins and is getting a bit annoying. It's not because it's a weak signal either as it was uninterupted with Vista. Can anyone help out?

Thank you!

Okay I uninstalled drivers and started again for the second time and for some reason it seems to have worked this time. If not will post back!

Setting priorities for the wireless signals might help. Not sure if thats the cause, still relatively new to wireless myself.

Back