• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XIGMATEK XLF-F1253 120mm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kk thanks, i did not want to spend the extra money for nothing.

Yes, the front intake fan on the Armor MX is a 120mm. That Xigmakek fan is the one on the S1283 Dark Knight. I have been happy with mine fairly quiet with decent air flow.

Those grommets keep the fan vibrations from proliferating through your case. They will reduce noise, but you'll have to factor in the ambient noise in your environment to decide if they are worth it or not.

As far as mounting fans in places that don't have standard mounts you'll just have to use a little ghetto-engineering. Zipties and double-sided sticky tape are good weapons to have. If you have the right tools you can also drill and counter-sink some holes for the fan screws.

Mm, thanks, but now i have another problem.

I was going to replace the front intake fan on the Thermaltake Armor +MX but its all bolted in. There are things that look like screws but have no place to put the screw driver in. How can i remove this fan? any sugestions?

ya i was happy till they started making a lot of noise. So im going to replace the back and front one. Also in front of the power supply there is enough room for a fan. there are also vents on the top so anyone know how to mount a fan there??

It sounds like you're getting a little carried away. lol No matter what fans you use, it's going to get loud if you start slapping a fan everywhere that one will fit. ;)

Anyway, if the Armor+ is liek the regular Armor, the top fan attaches using 1 of those plastic mounts they include with the case. Otherwise, you'll have to rig something up like someone else mentioned.

I am now a little concerned my new build will be screwed! I read about this cpu cooler, XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V, and after reading about it, i had no idea soo many AMD users were having trouble putting it into certain cases. Some are losing Ram slots as a result. Got me thinking, will this same CPU cooler screw me out of a ram slot on this board ,GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P? I know, its for Intel CPU's and not AMD, but im just overly concerned?

Anyone had trouble with this CPU cooler and the motherboard i mentioned?

Back