• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA cooler (2 slot, rear exhaust)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

I'm looking for an aftermarket GPU cooler that only takes up two slots and exhausts hot air out of the case.

The Accelero S1 Rev2 doesn't seem like an ideal solution to me because it would take up three slots (with fans) and all the hot air accumulates in the case.

Any input/recommendation would be great.

As far as I've seen, the only coolers that exhaust out the rear are stock coolers, with the best supposedly being the HIS Ice-Q coolers (if you believe the marketing). All aftermarket GPU HSFs that I've seen circulate the air within the case.

EDIT - Should have mentioned it before...CGR's post reminded me. I had a Thermalright HR-03 Plus on my GTX and noticed very little increase in temps inside the case. Like him, I also have good airflow; as long as you do as well, the increase should be minimal, if any.

Last edited:
Its doubtful you will see much if any increase in case temps, especially if you have good airflow through the case. I am very happy with my S1 rev2.

You could always put a PCI Slot exhaust fan to help take away warm air from the GPU ,, thats what I did with one of my Rigs

Its doubtful you will see much if any increase in case temps, especially if you have good airflow through the case. I am very happy with my S1 rev2.

Do you use 2x120mm fans on that heatsink blowing downwards?

Last edited:
Back