• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor blurry after switching to HDMI, what am I missing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mastrdrver

I just installed a HDMI cable I just got and now the picture is blurry and terrible. I've messed with all the settings I can find and think of but can't seem to fix it. Even worst is that when I play WaW, except for the far left end, the rest of the screen will flicker like the card is trying to scale the image but it isn't sure what size it needs to be so it keeps flickering back and forth. I doesn't do this on the desktop, but it does overscan quite a bit and when I back it off in Catalyst, the picture just gets real blurry. My DVI-VGA setup had way better picture than this. Anyone got any suggestions? Its on my setup in my sig and running a DVI-HDMI converter.

Thanks

what tv are you connecting it to? have you tried different resolutions? my tv does the same thing with certain resolutions but at 1920x1080 its perfect

No TV, this is with my 28" Viewsonic monitor. I've tried other resolutions, but all others are worse than the native 1920x1200.

I thought maybe the EDID was sending bad info. So I created a new monitor driver with Riva Tuner without any luck. I've even tried reseting CCC to defaults to see if maybe I got off somewhere, but it made things worse and I had to work my way back to where I was.

Yep, couldn't stand it. Maybe the HDMI input is just crap on this monitor. Catalyst tries to treat it like a TV rather than a monitor for some reason. I can drop it back to 1770x1000 and it doesn't overscan at all, but the picture still looks like crap. At 1920x1200 I have to underscan the image using Catalyst.

Back