• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermalright ultra 120 extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXcalibur

i've seen some website advertise their TRUE as LGA RT, AM2 BP, etc, is there a difference? i'm so confused now. i'm trying to get a TRUE for my p2 940, on this mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387

i'm so confused on which to get, would be nice if someone send me a link, the normal extreme one or black one is fine, would prefer the normal extreme one instead, because black is just for eye candy purpose, which cost a bit more

thanks​

I may be wrong, but as far as I know a standard True, is a True (excluding the Black, and Copper).

With the only difference in the standard models being the accessories, mounting hardware, fan clips (or holder), brackets included etc...

For example:

Again as far as I can tell the only difference between, the Ultra 120 Extreme Intel BP, and the Ultra 120 Extreme Rev. A. is that the Rev A. has AM 2 mounting hardware.

another question: does the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme-AM2-BP support am3? i can't see any accessories for am3 mobo/socket o_o

I thought I read somewhere that AM2 and AM3 have the same mounting. But I cannot be 100% certian. You might have to research that a bit.

Back