• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just installed my Xigmatek S1283V Dark Knight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lian Li

The Dark Knight replaced my OEM AMD cooler which was doing a horrible job of cooling down my cpu considering the fact that a week ago it's temps rose above 80 degrees celcius during a video conversion.

My cpu would idle at about 50 degrees celcius, 70-75 degrees under load, except for the time it hit 80. Now it idles at about 38 degrees and during a video conversion it didn't go above 55 degrees.

Needless to say, i'm very pleased with my purchase.

Before

3cf7b235527710.gif

After

e93fb235527711.gif

That's a great heatsink, do you have any pics of it installed in your system?

that is one sexy cooler!
i plan to put 1 or 2 of those Orange fans on my TRUE.
do you have any pics of it running in your PC?
enjoy the great temps!
I agree, this thing is sexy as hell!

I don't have pics of it running but let me see if I can manage to get a decent shot of it going right now..............

alright, I was able to snap some pics of it but was limited to close up shots of it due to the configuration of my desk. You'll get the gist of it though

4d088a35529968.gif

02775035529987.gif

Last edited:
Looks great! I like that heatsink a lot, great deal considering it comes with the spring screw mounting kit and a fan. Nice temp drops as well. My E6600 is begging me for one.

Looks good. I like the way they look.

Chevro1et is right the only way the will mount is up and down, unless you use the Thermalright "S" clip.

Very nice looking Cooler the Darknight, and much better Temps for your system too,
Yup, I like it, diggin' the temps too.

Any reason you mounted it sucking air off the vcard rather than following the flow towards the rear exhaust?
Yes

It's because on my mobo the flanges the locking mechanism latches on to is vertical instead of horizontal. It's all good though cause I have a 120mm fan mounted on my side panel that blows right onto the cooler and the video card;)

Looks great! I like that heatsink a lot, great deal considering it comes with the spring screw mounting kit and a fan. Nice temp drops as well. My E6600 is begging me for one.
Yeah, the cosmetics of it scored big points with me and all of the positive reviews on it sealed the deal.

Looks good. I like the way they look.

Chevro1et is right the only way the will mount is up and down, unless you use the Thermalright "S" clip.
Yes, these things are dead sexy

I like the looks of this, but I like the "x" shape of the CCTF. Not to mention it is keeping my 3.7ghz chip under 40* load :eek: .

I agree, this thing is sexy as hell!

I don't have pics of it running but let me see if I can manage to get a decent shot of it going right now..............

alright, I was able to snap some pics of it but was limited to close up shots of it due to the configuration of my desk. You'll get the gist of it though

4d088a35529968.gif

02775035529987.gif
OH so you have the white LED black fan. i thought you had the ornage fan lol.
nice pics nonetheless.

I like the looks of this, but I like the "x" shape of the CCTF. Not to mention it is keeping my 3.7ghz chip under 40* load :eek: .

WHOA! you got your new cpu already. nice OC man :)

OH so you have the white LED black fan. i thought you had the ornage fan lol.
nice pics nonetheless.

WHOA! you got your new cpu already. nice OC man :)

It is nice, but I should be able to do much better. I am pondering a double boot with my version of 32bit xp just for getting 3800mhz and up. But thanks anyway. :D I took PLENTY of pictures. Haha

LED's are white fan blades are orange. I've been impressed with the Dark Knight keeps my X3 720 @ 3700MHZ, 1.46v at or below 40C with 100% load.

Purty nice I must say. :thup:
what?! 2000 posts already. man...you are quick :p
i see you in literally every thread lol.
grndragon57, the OPs cooler has a black + white LED fan does it not?
i thought the Dark Kngith came with the ornage fan. those Xigmatek Oranges are just...orgasmic :santa:

...ok maybe not...but you get the point

Back