• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good are the SunBeam Contact coolers ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SUnbeam Core Contact Freezer, Xigmatek Dark Knight, OCZ Vendetta2 are all within a few degrees of each other, and all slightly behind the TRUE in performance.

SUnbeam Core Contact Freezer, Xigmatek Dark Knight, OCZ Vendetta2 are all within a few degrees of each other, and all slightly behind the TRUE in performance.
agreed, so what you need to ask yourself is, "Is it worth it to spend the extra ~$20 on the TRUE for slightly lower temps?" Personally I am really happy with my TRUE and would recommend that to you over the Sunbeam, unless money is tight in which case go for the Sunbeam.

tangent: I can't believe this thread went a full 24hrs withough chancecoats posting in it, he loves his sunbeams.

Bahaha, I should be making money by now! lol

Anyway, it is a great cooler. (look in sig at temps) I got a 20*c drop with my old chip and this chip has NEVER gone over 40*C.

How hard is it to remove that snap in part from the default heat sink? cpu in sig.

What? I will just generalize this. With the Sunbeam core-contact, you get the 775 adapter, the fan controller, the fan clips and the tx-2. Since you have a 775 cpu, you will take your fan off, then take the 775 adapter and use the push pins (or modified bolt on kit) to attach it to your mobo. From there all you do it put some thermal paste on each heat pipe and attach it just like an Amd platform.

I already have that 775 adapter on here. Push pins attached. This is what I am worried about. I didn't want to have to take that push pin thing off. That would mean removing the mobo from the case again.

I already have that 775 adapter on here. Push pins attached. This is what I am worried about. I didn't want to have to take that push pin thing off. That would mean removing the mobo from the case again.

Ok, if you are doing anything, don't. Do you have the sunbeam cooler already?

Edit: Running 1.52 volts underload I am running at 51*C, I recently did a little work on the business end of the cooler and it dropped 1-2*.

Well then you needen't worry. Once (if) you get it all you have to do it unpush the push pins on your stock fan and then take the 775 bracket and push the pins right back in where the onld ones came out then mount the cooler. There is no need for removing the mobo unless you want to do a bolt through.

I just got one, it's awesome i'm pushing 2.770 ghz right now on my 3800+ x2 939 socket (2 ghz is the normal speed). I think i can go higher but i think i either have to pump tons of voltage into it or maybe it's just as far as my chip can go.

Back